4th of July.

She rolled over and read the time on the clock sitting beside her on the nightstand and sighed, pulling the covers back over her head.

She tried to remind herself "New day Bethany, new opportunities" but like everyday for the past 4 months, she just laid in bed and mourned.

All of her friends pretty much separated but still kept up with each other except her. They all had different ways of dealing with the loss of their friends Val and Emma.

Bethany hadn't called or answered any calls or text for the past 4 months, and hadn't seen any of them. She didn't want too, she wanted to sit and mourn and she believed that one day everything will be okay.

She went downstairs and poured the same flavored cup of coffee she did every morning and unlocked her phone. It read "Witney (2 missed calls & voicemal) it was a routine. Witney would call Beth every day and leave her telling her about her day and how everyone's doing. She'd always start it and then before Witney could even began to talk she'd delete it and move on.

Today was different. She needed to hear her best friends voice and have reassurance. "Hey Bethers, so I just wanted to tell you that I love and miss you so so much. We all do. I spent my summer trying to find more leads on Val and Em. Mark and BC got a new dog and have been traveling all summer, Derek has took his sumner off and stayed in Nashville. I guess we all have different ways of grieving. I hope your okay. Love you!"

Bethany smiled and felt the reassurance that she was hoping to find. He's okay. They're all okay. She was relieved when Witney said he took time off and lived a little. He needed that. She needed to hear that.

She walked over to the calendar and checked today's date. 4th of July. For the past three years they've always thrown a party, just them, and it was something they always looked forward too.

She hadn't been planning on going but today she felt hope, guidance, confidence, and love. Two of the people she loved most were gone now, but 4 of them were still here and they needed her just as much as she needed them.

She pulled herself together, played music loudly through her apartment, got dressed, brushed her teeth, did her hair and makeup and went on her way.

She snuck through Mark's front door and saw them all hanging out and laughing on the back patio. She just watched them, all giggling, smiling, being happy and she smiled knowing they were truly okay.

She turned her head and saw the picture of all of them last year, red cups in their hands, and huddled up trying to fit in the camera. "Guys! Come on! 1..2..3!" Emma shouted as the camera snapped the perfect polaroid.

She giggled and pushed the thin piece of straight hair behind her ear and walked outside. They all turned around to the door shutting and Witney squealed and ran into Beth's arms.

"You guys really didn't think I'd miss the annual 4th of July party did you?" She laughed as she hugged all of them. She slipped her hand in her back pocket as she turned around and saw him standing there.

She grinned and he lifted her off her feet and held her tight, "I'm glad you came." He said looking at her, "Yeah, me too."

She missed his blue, beautiful eyes and his smile and how his eyes would get when he laughed really hard. They loved each other and then one day, that all just went way. When they broke up, they continued to be around each other and talk, but it was killing them.

The sun had gone down, and they all stood around the fire and Mark held up his cup and said, "To Val and Emma." And everyone nodded and drank.

Later that night she noticed Derek wasn't around and she knew where he'd be. She snuck up to the roof and saw him looking out into the night. "Hey," he said. "Hi," she said sternly.

"You know the night that everything happened?" She asked, "Yeah?" He said confused. "I wanted to dance with you that night and I don't know what it was but I guess I just wanted to know what it felt like to be in your arms again." She confessed.

He smiled and grabbed her hand, "What are we doing?" She giggled as he spun her around. "We're dancing, love." He said in his accent as she continued to giggle. He noticed she couldn't look him in his eye.

"Why can't you look at me?" He questioned. "I-I-I'm still in love with you." She said. He smirked, and kissed her passionately. The rain started to fall and he spun her around again. "That makes two of us."

Their love was eternal and they knew it. What they had was special, they could have chemistry with a brick wall, that's just the kind of people they were but together, it's something really special.

Everyone loved the fact of them together. It helped with everything going on. They were thankful to have each other and to be able to have the privilege of having that kind of love.

She ran through the sand on onto the porch of the beach house they were staying at for the week and decided to call Witney, and it went to voicemail. "Hey, Wit. I just want to let you know everything's great. Everything's okay. I'm finally happy. I love you and hope you're having fun. Miss you and can't wait to tell you all about my trip when I get home, bye!" She said.

She walked back into the house and he swooped her up off her feet as she giggled loudly. He threw her on the bed and got on top of her, "I'm glad your happy." He said, smiling. "Me too." She smiled.

"I love you so much," she said. "I love you."