The Other Women.

"Babe, I have to go to the studio. Bye!" I hear Derek yell from downstairs and I shake my head. I don't even get a I love you or kiss anymore. He's not the same anymore, every since he met her. Every since he's began dancing with her. It kills me to scroll through my Instagram feed and see them, see them having a great, silly time, just like him and I did one time. On show nights, I see the way he holds her close, I see the way he talks to her, the way she makes him laugh, the way she makes him smile unconditionally, the way he kisses her, the way they dance, the way he looks at her. I don't feel like I'm his anymore, I feel like she is. And I know that one day, she will be his.

"Hey!" Derek says walking in and kissing my forehead. "Hello." I say back. "What's wrong?" He says his smile going to a frown. "Nothing." I smile and he goes on to telling me all about his rehearsal and how great his day was. You can smell her Chanel all over his t-shirt. "Derek?" I say looking up at him. "Yeah?" I smile and say "I'll be at the show tonight!" He beams and kisses me. "That's great! You haven't been all season! Ok, I have to get back to the ballroom." He pulls out his phone and I see over his shoulder he is texting her. I shake my head and go upstairs to get ready.

I arrive at my seat behind Julianne and I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Derek!" I say jumping from my seat in fright. "Hey baby!" He says laughing. "I just wanted to come say hi before the show starts." I smile and he kisses me and walks off. I keep a close eye on them. My heart shatters when I see them up in the sky box, he puts his arms around her waist and they are standing there laughing and talking. I get up from my seat and head back to his apartment. I slowly pack my things and decide to write him a note. "Dear Derek, you brought so much light into my life. We had so many wonderful memories together and I will cherish them forever. But, now I know it's not me you should be with. I see the way you look at her and hold her close and I'm happy you found your light and inspiration. You deserve to be whole again, and we all know your not whole unless she's yours. Go tell her how you feel. Get em Derek because we all know you won't stop til you give up." I smile and wipe away the tears and place it on the counter.

"I'm home!" I yell as I walk through the door smiling. I usually get a reply back, but this time it was different. I didn't hear a soul. I rush upstairs and don't see her anywhere, I run back to the balcony and don't see her, then I see a note on the counter. "Dear Derek, you brought so much light into my life. We had so many wonderful memories together and I will cherish them forever. But, now I know it's not me you should be with. I see the way you look at her and hold her close and I'm happy you found your light and inspiration. You deserve to be whole again, and we all know your not whole unless she's yours. Go tell her how you feel. Get em Derek because we all know you won't stop til you give up." My jaw drops and I take a moment to take it all in what just happened. Is it really that noticeable that I love her? I decide I have something I need to do. I have to tell her how I feel.

Once I arrived at her doorstep I feel a little bit of nervousness rush over my body. I knock on the door and she greets me with a confused look and hugs. "Hey Derek!" She says motioning for me to take a seat. "Look, my girlfriend and I are over." Her jaw drops and she doesn't know what to say and neither do I. Finally, I pull her closer to me and crash my lips to hers. "I love you, Bethany." I feel her smile into my chest. "I love you so much." I whisper again. "I love you too D."

WELL. Gotcha! Haha!