Shopping.

"Derek. Please just come with me?" She pleads over the phone. "Fine Beth. I'll be there tomorrow at 8 to pick you up." She squeals and says "Thanks!" He laughs and says "Ok bye Bethany.. I love youuuu." Then hangs up. What did he just get his self into? Shopping with Bethany?

"Anyone home?" He says twisting the key of Bethany's apartment. She gave him a key so he can let the dog out when she's away, and because her door is always locked since she freaks out over everything. "Hey D! Upstairs!" She shouts. He rushes upstairs and swoops her up. She giggles and he puts her back down. "Hey! I had a very hot object in my hand, you could have been hurt." She says pointing the curling iron towards him, narrowing his eyes. "It wouldn't have been your fault." He says kissing her forehead. "You ready?" She says. "Waiting on you." He say's rolling his eyes and getting up from her bed. "Alright. Let's go shopping!" She squeals.

"You've never done Black Friday?" He heard her voice, coming somewhere beyond the stacks of items he has piled up in his arms. He shakes his head, "You're like a rare, weird, unicorn."

"Please don't call me a unicorn, were in public dear." She giggles at his plead, pulling a cart into view. "Stole this cart from some punk teenagers. They were looking at headphones and I took it." She flips her hair and he says "Wow look at you, thief. You should feel terrible." He teased her as they both un-piled their arms in the cart.

"Well I don't because those are the creepy men who hit on me when we walked in." She says. "Well in that case, let's to find them again. I have a few things I want to tell them." His mood dropping. Derek was disappointed their was no confrontation, but he would gladly fix that now. "Calm down, they were harmless."

"When I'm around, you shouldn't have to handle it. You shouldn't have to handle it in the first place." He says grunting. "Look at you, your inner feminist coming out. I'm so proud." She says looping his arm with hers. "Your an idiot."

"Yeah well," She says leaning to the right, surveying how long they have to be in line. "Thanks for coming by the way. Marin is sick or I would have asked Britt." Her attention back to him, as she grinned. "Don't mention it. Spending Thanksgiving with my family is cool. But there comes a point were they get annoying and every little thing everyone says makes you want to scream, so thank you for giving me a excuse to get away for a couple hours." He says turning towards her. "Oh shut up, you love your family."

Turning to meet her gaze, he exhaled and grinned, "Yeah." For a second, they don't want to break eye contact. The cough behind them broke it and they decided to move up in line.

She lays her head on his shoulder, breaking the ice. To make it clear the only reason she reached was because her 4 inch boots. "Oh! I almost forgot. How did that date last night go?" She ask while searching through the rack next to us. He felt his heart drop at the sound of her question. They aren't dating, so why should he feel guilty? "Want me to be honest?" He hesitates. "No, Derek, please lie to me." He chuckles nervously and says "It sucked and was a total waste of my time." Her expression is regretful but she can't help the hope in her heart. "I'm sorry." He waves off her apology and says "Not all girls can be as entertaining as you." She moves away from him and says "Good to know, I'm just your entertainment." He laughs and says "You didn't know that? Jeez, I took you out all those times and you didn't know." Bethany narrows her eyes playfully and out of nowhere she wraps her arms around him and whispers "I needed that." He pats her back and kisses her forehead. "Me too."

"DEREK!" She shouts and I jump. "Good lord Bethany. What?" I say laughing. "It's a pancake machine that makes the pancakes a heart! I have to have it!" She says running over to it. "BETH. No.. Bethany! You don't even wake up early enough for breakfast! Beth-" He stops there and decide it's not worth it. He looks down at the cart of other non sense things she'll probably never use. Gosh, she's adorable. He shakes his head and hears a man say "Women. I swear. They'll make you crazy, but we know we'd do anything for them. Even if our women are crazy." I laugh and I put my hands in my pockets. "Yeah, my women's a little outside the box." I smirk.

And there he was in the LA Mall with a cart full of crap of stuff Bethany will never use, when he realized he was in love.