Sad Song.

"We need you to write from your feelings. Everything going on up in that head of yours, needs to be written down and sung. Happiness, laughter, smiles, sadness, emptiness." Emptiness. That's what you could call me, empty. We all have one person in our lives who we really couldn't be ourselves or be happy without, I used to have that person. Derek Hough. Derek and I developed a very strong friendship over the three months we had together. We spent it all with happiness, joy, laughter, and together. I'm not whole because I don't have my other half, aka him. He's off doing shows, dancing, singing, laughing, smiling, and most likely in love.

You and I were the like fireworks and symphonies exploding In the sky
With you I'm alive, like all the missing pieces of my heart they finally collide
So stop time right here in the moonlight, cause I don't ever want to close my eyes
Without you I feel broke like I'm half of a whole

"Hey Derek!" Mark says rushing upstairs to my room. "What's so important?" I groan. "Bethany's new single is out." He beams. I just stare at him and he sighs "Just listen to it, even if it's hard to hear her voice. You won't regret it." I download it and press play.

Without you I've got no hand to hold
Without you I feel torn like a sail in a storm
Without you.. I'm just a sad song.
With you I fall, it's like I'm leaving all my past and silhouettes upon the wall
With you I'm a beautiful mess
It's like we're standing hand in hand with all our fears upon the edge

"She wrote this?" Derek ask Mark whispering. "Yeah?" He replies back confused. "She said all of this to me before we left Nashville 7 months ago!" He says pausing the song. "Derek, I think she wrote this about you." Mark says rubbing his chin. "And you guys are just friends? Derek, go for it." He shouts. I get up and search for my coat, then jump in the car.

Without you I feel torn like a sail in a storm
Without you.. I'm just a sad song.

I'm awakened by the turn of the door knob on my bedroom door. I cling to the blankets in fear. The black silhouette walks over to the bed and sits down next to me. "Beth." I sigh. "Derek? What are you doing here? How'd you get in?" I say sitting up and throwing my arms around him tightly. "The spare key. We need to talk." He says turning on the lamp but not letting go of me. "About?" I say shyly. "Us. Bethany, baby, I can't keep doing this. I can't keep denying what we have here. We're not just friends and we never will be just friends. Your my light, my spark. And that song that you wrote, I picked up on the lyrics. What I'm trying to say is, I love you so freaking much." He says proudly. My jaw drops and I climb all the way into his lap and get close enough to his face and whisper "I love you too." And finally, connect our lips.

Your the perfect melody
The only harmony I wanna hear
Your my favorite part of me
Without standing next to me I've got nothing to fear
Without you I've got no hand to hold
Without you I feel torn like a sail in a storm
Without you.. I'm just a sad song.

But now, neither of them were sad songs. They had each other.