Attention.

If I could be the reason, her hairs a mess, or bass dream beating way down deep in her chest, if I could be the voice on her radio, then life would be complete. If mine could be the name, the change is hers. Standing here, watching her turn every head in this crowded room. If fallings how she feels and perfect what she sees, then she'd be what she means to me. I fell in love with her the moment I saw her. There was something about her that attracted me like a magnet on a abandoned frigerator, I was stuck. I knew she didn't feel the same way, she could have someone so much better. I just had to know how to get her attention.

This week I'm in New York for a design meeting and all I can think about is him. There is this one guy, that I have so much love for but I know he wouldn't ever fall for a silly, stupid girl like me. It's the normal story plot. Bot meets girl, girl likes boy. But he's hard to get. I'll keep my eye on the prize, though. Everything just fits like a glove when I'm with him. What am I supposed to do when, every time I try to walk away there's always something that reminds me I should stay? Moving on is so much easier said than done. He promised me he'd never leave, but maybe he breaks all his promises just like he broke my heart so easily. Saying he loves me was just a tease to me. My thoughts were intruded by a familiar voice. "Bethany?" I turn around and see him, Derek. "Hello, Derek." I say hugging him tight and not wanting to let go. "How have you been?" He ask not being able to make eye contact with me since my heads been halfway done the whole time. "Okay." I lied. We went back to his apartment and talked for a hour when he asked me a question that shattered my heart. "Soo.. I really.. really.. like this girl. I need to get her attention. How should I do it?" I look at him with so much hurt in my eyes, my lip quivering. "Uhm, you should.." I pause holding back my tears. "Flirt with her. Make her cute things, buy her something special, send her cute text messages, make her feel special, take her out on cute romantic dates, take care of her when she's sick, let her meet your family, love her." I name all the things I would love for him to do with me. I turn my head and he smiles and says "Thanks Beth!" He hugs me and kisses my forehead.

Over the past two months Derek and I have developed a very strong relationship. Friendship. He's been a absolute sweet heart. "Hey Beth. Wanna come with me to Nashville this weekend?" I beam with excitement and shout "Yes! Of course! I'll start packing!" He laughs and yells he will see me tomorrow at the airport and he leaves. I finish packing around midnight and decide to get some sleep. The next morning I roll over and check my phone. I see a text from Derek. "Ready for this long plane ride babe? Glad your coming with me to entertain. Love you.❤️" I smile and reply with "Your welcome. & yes I'm ready! Love you too D☺️" I get out of bed and throw on yoga pants and a t-shirt Derek got me from South Africa, last month. I hear a knock on the door and I know it's Derek. "You ready?" I nod and we lock arms and skip through the hallways of my apartment building to the elevator. Once, on the plane I ask him a question I've been dying to ask him for the past two months. "Derek? Why haven't I met this girl your so intrigued in, yet?" He smiles and says "You will soon. But you ready to see Jules and the kids?" I nod and he laughs and before I know it I'm asleep. We arrived at Marabeth's lovely home and we slept in the guest bedroom. There's two beds, and to be honest I was hoping for less. I go to the bathroom to change and he changes inside the bedroom. "Goodnight Bethany." I hear him say across the room. "Goodnight Derek." I say shivering. "You cold?" He ask. "Yes. Very." He chuckles and says "Come here." I get up and walk over there and sit on the side of his bed. "What?" Even though it's dark I can still see his smile. "Lay down." He commands. I lay down next to him and he puts both arms around me and whispers "I have one more thing to do." I look up at him with confusion and he says "I flirt with you all the time. I made you a cute Valentine's Day gift, I bought you that ring, I send you cute text messages, I try to make you feel special, I take you out on cute romantic dates all the time, I took good care of you when you were sick a couple weeks ago, you just met my family." My eyes tear up because that girl, was me. He wanted me. "The last thing you said was, to love her. That's already done, because Bethany I love you." I smile and pull him closer to me and kiss him. The kiss last a long while and I whisper back "I love you too."

He has my attention.

Ok I'm really proud of this yall. I don't know if yall will like it though lol. :)