I'll Be Good

I walked out into the cold air of New York City, ready to jump on the subway. "Derek Hough?" I hear someone yell my name and I turn my head and run off. Fans just remind me of her. The smiles, the laughs, the pretty faces, the pictures, the happiness... they all remind me of her. Her & I had a twisted love story. I often find myself looking through our photos and videos, and flashbacks in my head of those silly moments only we knew about. But one day I lost her, even if
I did tell her how I was truly, madly, deeply in love with her, that probably wouldn't have saved us. She had long beautiful brown hair with perfect blonde highlights that fit just right with the sunlight. Her smile would help world hunger and cure cancer. Her laugh could make someone smile as wide as the ocean, and then laugh along with her. Even if her joke wasn't funny, they were usually corny but cute. She was still young and beautiful, living her life, I didn't want to intrude so I didn't bother her. I've become a nightmare. I spend my night drinking my sorrow away at some club downtown, don't contact my family anymore, haven't danced in months, but I don't mind. "Mr. Derek Hough?" I hit the delete button and threw the phone across the room. I can smell the drop of rum on my sweater. I punched the wall and kicked the lamp off the table. I felt tears run down my face, and I put my head in my hands and whimpered. All I wanted was her. She is probably off with someone much better than me, because to her I was just another man's heart to break. She was good at that.
I slammed my door and walked outside, it was the usual. Lights flashing, questions being thrown at me like grenades, and all I did was ignore it. I called a cab and ordered them to take me to the airport. I bought a ticket to LA, and hopped on a plane. Once I arrived, I looked for inspiration what to do next. I called another cab and went to Mark's house. I knocked on the door and saw a sleepy Mark. "Derek? What are you doing here? You look horrible, man." I run my fingers through my hair and walk in. "Were are your keys?" He looks at me confused and hands them to me. "Right here." I thank him and drive to my destination. I walk in the doors and I'm astounded by the view. The ballroom. I haven't been here since that season. That season were she was with me at all time, never letting go. I run up the stairs and run my fingers along the sky box railing, remembering all the great memories. I rush to the red room, and just look around. We were together here, once long ago. I sit down in a chair and weep. My love, where did you go?

I woke up the next morning laying on a couch in the red room, when I'm being shaken awake by Mark. I get up, go back to his apartment, and then head to the Grove. I went to American Eagle, Aeropostale, Old Navy, and Dillard's and got hungry. I was on my way to the food court when I was interrupted by the cameras, once again. There was tons of questions but one statement stood out to me. I recall him shouting "Derek! Are you here to see Bethany? We just saw her. Are you two a item?" I looked at him shocked and run around everywhere until I spot the dimples. Those gosh dang dimples. "BETHANY!" I yell making her turn around. Her jaw drops and she runs over to me almost tripping her heels, even if she's wearing 5inch heals she still comes up only to my chin. "Derek! Hi, so nice to see you." She says greeting me with a hug. "I've missed you so much B." I feel her shake when I call her that and she pulls out of the hug and I stare at her. She puts her head down for a moment and looks back up at me and giggles. "What are you staring at?" I smile and say "Your beauty." She blushes and ask me a question I wasn't expecting. "Derek what happened to you?" My smile goes to a frown as she looks at me with all the meaning in the world. "What do you mean?" I ask with confusion. "I see the reports. Your not happy. You've changed! You ignore fans, you quit your job, you didn't come back to LA, you never got married, you never had kids, you deleted social media, and Julianne said you never come see them anymore, you drink a lot, and supposedly smoke? What happened to you? You used to be the most joyful person I knew. But no, now I don't know you. Your not Derek. I want him back. And I know deep down inside he's still in there. You just need to find him." She says letting go of my hand and walking off. "You know Bethany? I lost myself because I lost you." I shout as she walks off, so the whole world can hear. She turns around and walks closer to me slowly. "What?" She whispers, and we have everyones attention now. "Yeah, Bethany Mota I'm in love with you. I've lost myself because I don't have you in my life anymore. You ran away, and left me. You live your life just the way you want too and I don't want to mess that up. But Bethany. I love you!" She comes to me with tears running down her face. "I love you too." She says and crashes her lips to mine.
I'll be a better man today, I'll .be good, I'll love the world like I should. Now that I got my love back. I can give love, again. To everyone.