Break My Heart.

She was finally back. She had been traveling and he had been busy and they both never really had the time to sulk about one another. But they still felt like a piece of them was
missing.

     They weren't really dating but they weren't just friends. He saw other women and she had this guy but when they were together it felt like there was no world outside. He knew from the first day when he saw her trying to fight the security guards to go outside that he was soon going to fall in love with Bethany Mota.

    He demanded for the guards to let her go as they did. He just walked with her and sat on the bench waiting to speak when he knew she calmed down. He told her after spending ever waking day together for a couple weeks that if he had to choose to marry and have a life with anyone in the whole world, it would be her. She got nervous and didn't say anything but ran away.

    He started seeing other women and she returned to a guy she dated a few months before they met and she thought she fell for him again. When she saw Derek again she smiled at him and was so happy to see him. She flung her arms around him and felt a sense of home.

   They began to talk again and spend more time together and he cut of every other women he was seeing. He loved her, but he was scared to tell her because he didn't want her to run anymore. And one day as they sat on the bench where they first met she poured it all out. "I want everything you want. I want it all, with you. I just don't know if I want it all right now." He nodded and pulled her in, "I'll wait."

     A month or two passed and she continued to see the other boy but she knew Derek was the one she had always been waiting for and had dreamed about. She knew it was time. She knocked on his door and he flung it open and his eyes widened. "I'm ready." She whispered, kissing him. "I'm. So. Ready." She said in between kisses as he laughed and swooped her up and threw her on the couch.

      They kept the intimate moment alive. He kissed her and then he let it slip. "I love you." She pulled away and stared at him. "What?" She breathed heavily. "Sorry-" she put her finger to his lips. "No, I love you too." She smiled as he shook his head smiling from ear to ear. "Say it again." He said, and she did over and over.

     The next morning she told him she had to go do some things but she'd be back. He looked over and saw she left her phone and began to run after her but as he turned the corner of his apartment building he saw her getting close to another guy. She looked over and saw him and he shook his head and turned and this time she ran after him.

    "Der-" she began to speak but he cut her off. "Go, Beth." He said not looking at her. She walked to him and he shouted, "GO. We aren't doing this. This is over. I was stupid to think this was going to work. You should be ashamed. You tell me you love me and then I catch you getting close to someone else." She never heard him yell so loud, "I know him. He was a close friend and we dated. He was telling me that he was in love with someone else and I said I was happy for him but believe what you want." She said grabbing her phone and turning to leave. "I will." She slammed the door and left.

     He heard a loud bang and opened the door and saw a whole swarm of guys dressed in black with guns. One was pointing a gun straight toward Bethany. The whole world seemed to stop when they pulled the trigger. He jumped in front of her, the bullet going straight into his stomach.  She thought he didn't love her anymore. She thought he was done and over it. But, he just proved he loved her so much.

        She knelt down beside him and pushed his hair back. "I'm so sorry," she sobbed. "It's fine." He managed to get through. "Break my heart. Break it a thousand times, it was only ever yours to break anyway." She was carried away by guards and put in a safe room by herself. She tried breaking locks, throwing things but nothing worked. She just sat and cried until she fell asleep.

     She was awoken by someone opening the door. The guard swooped her up and carried her to ambulance. She was in shock. She knew he was dead. She didn't say anything or move. She knew she wasn't hurt so all she wanted to do was go home. They released her and Chris came running up to her. "Hey, Bethany!" She looked up at him, "Hey." He looked at her with questioning eyes. "What's wrong?" She looked at him as if he was oblivious of everything that just happened.

     "Derek died," she whispered. "What? No he didn't. He's upstairs and he's waiting for you." She looked up to him and wrapped her arms around him. "Thank you!" She ran up the stairs because she didn't even feel like waiting on an elevator. As she walked down the hallway she questioned what he said to her before she got pulled away. What if he was just saying that?

    She needed up at his room. Guards were lined up along the wall and one smiled at her and put his arm out as she walked through the door. "Hi," she said. "Bethany-" she shook her head. "Don't." She crawled into bed with him and he just held her, "I love you so much."