Adoption.

The sound of squeals from their 3 year old daughter filled the warm home. Bethany smiled and laughed along with the small child and her husband. She walked around the couch and back to Bethany and she giggled.

"Mama, look!" She said showing Beth a silver coin. "I see that," she said taking it and slipping it into her pocket so it didn't end up somewhere it didn't belong.

Derek got up from the bar and closed his laptop. "Gotta go get Noah from school. Want to ride?" He said walking over to Bethany and Blair. "No, we're good," she replied kissing him goodbye.

As she made a snack for her son who was going to be home any minute now she heard her phone ring. "Hello?" She answered confused of why her lawyer was calling. "Hello, Bethany. I have some news!" She stopped what she was doing and sat Blair up at the table to eat. "And what is that?" She said holding the phone with her shoulder as she finished making the food.

"Your daughter, Kendall, would like to meet you and Derek." He said and her mouth dropped. "What? When? How does she know who we are?" She asked. "Don't know. Would you like to set up a lunch or something?" She has been dying to meet her daughter. She put her up for adoption since she was only 19 when she gave birth to her. "I'll talk to Derek and get back to you."

She heard the door slam and went to greet her boys. "Hey sweetie, how was your day?" She asked the 10 year old boy in front of her as she kissed his temple. "Great, mom." He said and ran up to his room.

"What's wrong with him?" She asked as Derek wrapped his arms around her waist. "Just a bad day." He answered as he kissed her neck and ran upstairs. "Hey, D." She whispered and he turned around and saw all the emotions drawn on her face. He knew her like the back of his hand.

He held her on his lap and nodded as she laid her head on his shoulder. "She wants to meet us." He knew exactly what she was talking about. "Are we going to do it? I know you want too, and if this means a lot to you, I'll do it. You know that, baby." He said, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"I want too," she said. "Then we will do it." He said and kissed her. "What if she doesn't like us? Or what if I'm not good enough? What if it all just goes completely opposite of how I've ever imagined it." She rambled. "She would never not like you, B. You're perfect, you're never not good enough. And hey, if it doesn't go as planned then it's okay and it just wasn't meant to be. I love you, okay?" He said, reassuring her. She just nodded and went to grab Blair.

He peeked in to Blair's room later that night and saw Bethany sitting there rocking her like she did when she very small. He heard her humming and then she whispered, "I was already stupid enough to let on of my babies go, just know mommy will never ever leave your side." She then kissed her temple and wiped her tears away. His heart shattered and he just wanted to hold her and let her know she's not stupid. She's perfect. She's absolutely perfect.

He walked down the hall and into his sons room. "Hey buddy," he said. "Hey dad. What's wrong with mom?" He didn't know how to answer so he just said, "A lot on her mind, I guess. Goodnight." He said turning out the lamp and kissing his forehead.

He walked into their room and saw Bethany already in bed. He laid beside her and their legs intertwined and her head was in his chest. "I'm scared." She whispered. "I'll be there with you, right by your side. Everything will be okay. You know what I do when I'm nervous or stressed?" He answered. "Yeah, you sleep or go on a run." She said and he smiled. "Well yeah, also I just remind myself if something ever goes wrong. I will always, have you." She kissed him and then leaned her forehead against his and said, "I love you."

Late Saturday afternoon they went to Mark and BC's home and dropped their kids off. Mark greeted them at the door and they all piled inside. Noah ran upstairs to the game room and BC sat Blair down with some toys in the living room. Mark and BC hugged Beth and both told her everything will go perfect and then Mark and Derek went into the kitchen.

They arrived at the restaurant and Derek saw Bethany was growing even more nervous and he grabbed her hand and kissed her cheek. "You got this, babe." She smiled and nodded. "Thank you, D."

They walked to the back of the restaurant and saw a brunette, teenager sitting there. She looked at Derek and then waved. They sat in front of her and she smiled. "Hey." She giggled. She had Derek's blue eyes, Bethany's dimples and hair, she was stunning.

"Hello, Kendall." Beth said, and Derek hugged her. Bethany didn't realize how much this meant to him too. There was an awkward silence and they watched as her eyes wandered across the room. "Where are your...parents?" Derek asked. "Oh, I thought it may be better if it was just us. They're out shopping. I hope that's okay." She said nervous. "It's perfect."

"Is this as awkward for you two as it is me?" She laughed lightly. They nodded and giggled. Derek and Kendall were talking about dancing and Bethany just took in everything about her. She was so out in the open like Derek, she had a beautiful smile, they laughed the same, they dress the same, her eyes are beyond stunning just like Derek's, everything about her was perfect.

They had just ordered there drinks when the questions started rolling. "So, do you two have any kids?" She asked and Beth answered, "We have two. A 10 year old boy and 3 year old girl." Kendall smiled and she never knew how intriguing Beth was. She wanted to now more about her mom and her dad. They're famous and they aren't rude and cruel like she imagined. They're perfect.

"Do you have any siblings?" Derek asked her, "Lord, no. My mom and dad hate me enough as it is." Derek and Bethany shared glances and Beth asked, "What do you mean?" Kendall got quiet and then said, "They simply don't care, and have never told me they loved me. Once in my life." Bethany's mouth dropped.

They continued to talk about everything. They talked about fashion, dancing, youtube, family, her childhood, Noah and Blair, and before they knew it it was time to go. Beth heard the loud shriek she knew all to well, "Mommy!" She turned around and saw Blair and Mark.

She picked Blair up in her lap and Mark was astounded by Kendall and how much of a mixture she was between Bethany and Derek. "Hey, I'm Mark-" She cut him off and said, "Your Mark Ballas." She giggled, "Nice to meet you."

Mark started to form tears in his eyes and went in for a hug. Derek shook his head and laughed at how sensitive and emotional he was. "And this is Blair." Bethany said putting Blair down to walk to the other side of the table. "Hi Blair." She smiled widely and Bethany watched her daughters together.

Derek noticed and he put his arm around Bethany and kissed her temple. "Told you it would go amazing." He whispered and she whispered back, "How do we get her back?"

Ahh, I'm so proud of this! Part 2 coming soon! ;)