Goodbye.

He thought about her way more than he should. Somehow she was still the most important thing on his mind. It was never ending. He would lay awake alone at night, thinking of her eyes, a how her hands wrapped around his waist, and how they laughed when they danced, how she would roll her eyes in annoyance when he poked her dimple, it was the little things.

His eyes are blue as the sky, her's are as dark as the night skies. His skin was as pale as fallen snow, her's was discolored as are rainy skies. Her thoughts are as clear as early day sunrises, his thoughts were as clouded as spring storms. She was beautiful, his beautiful, are different. They world revolves and they continue to wonder how they are so different, but so beautiful together.

But, she couldn't deal with the pain of them. Because there would be a lot of it. He still remembers that rainy night in LA, right before he left for New York for 6 months.

"I'm so happy for you! You'll do amazing.. But what about us?" She sighed, "I don't know." He said pushing her hair back behind her ear. "I don't think either of us do." She said, pushing his hand down gently. "Bethany I need to tell you something.." He said, nervously.

Already knowing what was coming next, she stopped him. She bite her lip and closed her eyes, trying to hold back the massive flow of tears. "No Derek, you can't just say the big L word and leave me like this. I would be mad at you if you did, but upset if you didn't. You go out there and you make the best of each day, and never forget me. Okay?" She said her lip quivering.

"I could never ever forget you baby." He said, as she pushed away. "Goodbye." And she meant it all to well.

It's been 6 months now and no contact has been shared.

She needed her flannel back, she looked for it everywhere and remembered it was in his apartment.

She sent a quick text to Mark asking if she could come by and get it. Mark greeted her with a hug and said, "Heading out, you know where it is. Oh and just lock up when your finished." He smirked.

She walked up the stairs and the familiar scent warmed her heart. She sighed and turned the nob to see Derek sitting there on his laptop watching their contemporary. "That was one of my favorites," She said out of nowhere, "Bethany?" He said turning around from his place on the bed, "Oh hey. Sorry, just came by to get that flannel of mine." She said pointing it in his closest.

She started to walk out of the room when she stopped and his eyes met hers, "By the way, I thought you were still gone. Sorry to intrude. Bye Derek." She sighed and he began, "Stop saying that."

She turned around in confusion and asked, "Stop saying what?" He sighed and grabbed her hands, "Stop saying goodbye. I don't want this to end." He pleaded. "I'm saying it now, I love you." He continued and she kissed him out of the craziness in her brain. "I love you too."