Death And All His Friends.

She ran, she ran faster than she ever had before, faster than she knew was possible. He just supposed to fly to New York for the night and then come back the next day. That's not what happened.

"Der-Derek Hough?" She stuttered and a nurse pointed to the left. She turned her head and saw Derek with blood everywhere. A sight she'd never get out of her head. She rushed into the room and grabbed his hand.

"Hey, hey, I'm here. I'm here." She said pushing his hair back as he just started at her, not being able to speak. Ten minutes later and she continued to hold onto him, not letting go, and he continued to lay there, no movement.

He had been sleeping for 12 hours now. The nurse looked at her, Bethany looked down back at him sleeping, and whispered, "It's okay, Derek. You go." Tears filled her eyes and all the best moments with him flashed before her eyes.

She nodded at the nurse, and continued to hold his hand. The nurse turned the machines off, then began taking out the tube that was breathing for him. He took his last breath and that was it.

She didn't cry. She didn't move. She didn't say anything. She simply walked out to the lobby and said, "Derek is dead." And then fell over. Doctors rushed to help her, as did her two children, scared to death.

Julianne began sobbing, screaming at Beth. "You had no right!" She said gritting her teeth. "I was his wife." She said looking away after saying was. He is dead.

Two days later she still hadn't cried. She finally decided to go home. She walked in their beautiful home and just stood there in the doorway of their bedroom. It didn't feel like home. At all.

She laid on their neatly made bed and stared at the ceiling, then she turned and looked at his side of the bed. Empty.

It was the day of his funeral. She made it through, not saying much. She held onto her kids and nodded hello to people. After the funeral, when everyone was at their house, she sat on the couch, alone, not saying anything, staring into space.

A week later she tucked their 6 year old daughter in and kissed her temple. "Mommy?" She asked. "Yes?" She shyly smiled. "Where is daddy?" Bethany didn't know how to respond. "He's off somewhere dancing with the angels most likely. Watching you and your brother, he'll always be right here. Okay?" She said pointing to her little girls heart. "Okay mommy."

Bethany was about to turn the lights off when Blair said, "Mommy, I know daddy is dead. It's okay. I'll see him again in heaven, and then I can dance with him again." She smiled, her dimples showing. "Yes you will."

She walked into their bedroom and opened his closest door. She grabbed the flannel and finally started to cry. She shook her head, trying to hold the tears back, but couldn't hold it in any longer. She sobbed, and threw his things around. She was angry.

The next day she asked all their friends and family to come over. They all sat around the living room when Bethany came out of the room and stood in front of them all.

"Derek is dead. He's dead, he's not coming back. Ever. You know he promised me he'd die in my arms when we were old and grumpy," she giggled. "That's not happening now. You don't realize how lucky you truly are until everything is gone. I feel like the life has been sucked out of me. I feel like I'll never be happy again. But I know he wouldn't want me to be this way but everywhere I look in this house I'm reminded of him. So me and the kids are going to be moving out."

"I know he built this for us before we even had a family, but it doesn't feel like home. Home is where a family belongs, and a big portion of my family is done. I thought we had the time, had our lives, but now he'll never get older, he'll never walk his daughter down the aisle, he won't be able to do a lot of the things he looked forward to most. I am so grateful that he was the one to give me my epic love, but now that is all gone."

Later that night she once again laid down in the bed and just stared at where he used to lay and cuddle her. She'll never lay by his side again.

She'll never let him go.