Return pt.2

"Bethany Mota is destined for greatness. Actually, she's already great, because Bethany has a thing called integrity, and nothing and no one is ever going to change that," she closed the book and looked over to the bookshelf that held 6 copies of the book. She bought one every time she saw it.

     She heard the phone and dragged herself across the room to pick it up, "Hello?"
" I've been pacing the house for the last hour wondering if i should call you... i just.. considering how we left things." She could hear the hint of regret in his voice. "No, it's okay. It's actually really good to hear your voice."
"Yours too. Well i was hoping...i'd love to see you if your not too busy." She sighed, "Okay. Sure i'll be at the studio today." He was relieved and he knew she should have been. "That's great Bethany. Well then i'll see you soon."

     She walked up to the rooftop of the studio and sat beside him, "Hi." He nodded and cut right to the chase, "Why didn't you come to the book signing in New York?" She sighed. A month or so after he proposed he was on a book tour for his new novel and he invited her to come. " I was there D. At your book signing in New York. I was there Derek, and I was so proud of you. But we hadn't talked in a long time and I saw you with Brooke and I figured you guys were together, which clearly you are and... I like her... I do." He nodded and said, "Well we weren't." He walked off and left her sitting alone, again.

     It was the premiere of DWTS and she hung out in the red room with Witney. She climbed in the über with Mark and BC to go to the after party and tried not to think about him or her. Once she arrived there were cameras and lights everywhere. She finally escaped and walked in the party. "You look amazing," she turned around and rolled her eyes. "Ok, I'm sorry. This is weird because I feel really weird." He chuckled and rubbed his chin. "We had a relationship I know-" she stopped him. "We were in love Derek!" She shouted and this time it was her turn to walk away. "What was that about?" Brooke said putting her arm around Derek, "Nothing."

    He looked over Val's shoulder and saw her flirting with the bartender. She looked happy. He walked over there and gave the guy a 5 and ordered a drink, making him leave. "He's not good enough for you," he whispered. "Don't do that." Bethany yelled, "Do what?" He questioned. "He's not good enough for you." She repeated him, "That's not fair to me or to Brooke." She grabbed her purse and walked away.

    Witney saw him sitting at the bar alone with five shot glasses in front of him. She went and sat down beside him, "You still love her don't you? Bethany?" Witney asked, "I got to get back to Brooke."

    It had been a week. She was working on her music non stop and he was fighting to find the words for a new novel. "Are you coming to bed?" Brooke asked. "Maybe later. I think I found something to write." He smiled, and she smiled back at him. "I'm happy for you."

    He drove up and saw her light was on. He parked his car and walked up to the studio, "Hey." She took of the headphones and placed them on the table, biting on the pen. "What do you want?" She asked, "I want to talk the truth." She stood up and yelled, "Don't you think it's a little to late for that?" He got closer to her, "You didn't believe in me. You didn't believe I could publish my book. You only cared about your career and what you wanted. You gave up, not me!" He shouted.

    "Well if that's the truth, if I never cared... then how come every time I see this stupid book I buy it? Every stupid damn time Derek!You said I was great! You said I could be great! You said we were destined to be together! You said it to the world, you said it to me, and I wish you never had because you did not mean any of it." She yelled, in tears.

     "Let me ask you something. Do you have like an alarm that goes off in your head every time I'm happy with someone else? What do you want from me?! I fly to New York, I ask you to marry me, you said no, so I moved on. Why haven't you?" She took a step back. "Because I should have said yes. Derek, I was young and I was scared and I did not realize that by saying that I wasn't ready it would mean that we would never be together again. Had I known that I would have said yes." He put his head in his hands. "Beth.."

       "No, D, I miss you everyday and I have told everyone here that I didn't come back for you, but I did. Of course I did. I still love you Derek." He couldn't take it anymore. He kissed her, and she kissed back. "Please don't make me say it." He whispered, she shook her head. "If you wanted to break my heart there were a thousand ways to do it, but you didn't have to propose to Brooke with my ring to do it." He looked at her right in the eyes, "It was just weird timing." She rolled her eyes and through her hands in the air, "Just don't marry her, Derek!" He walked away.

     It was the day. Today was the day she would sit through her love get married to another women. The DWTS family and her arrived and she gasped, "Whose house is this? It's gorgeous." Everyone looked at each other, "Babe, this was supposed to be yours and Derek's home," Val said sympathetically. "Wha" she muttered, tears forming in her eyes. "I'm so-" Mark began. "Stop."

      Derek watched from the window on the second floor. He saw her sitting in a chair all alone just staring out onto the beach. Everyone else was huddling and talking in little groups. He watched as Julianne went to sit by her, "Hey B," she said rubbing her back. "Hey."

     "I always dreamed this would be you." She admitted, "Me too." Julianne just sat there with her for a few moments as Derek watched from a distance. Bethany got up and went to talk to Sasha, "Beth in the middle of it just stand up and tell him how you feel. That'll give this women a run for her money." Bethany laughed and Sasha got serious. "I'm not kidding." Bethany chuckled lightly, "Oh."

     She went inside the house and somehow found her way to the balcony. It was gorgeous. You could see the Hollywood signs and the city from just sitting on the balcony. She was stunned. "Do you like it?" She turns around and her dress twirls with her, "It's stunning." He sighed and stood next to her, "This was supposed to be ours I heard." He looked at her and nodded, "Yes it was." She laughed and walked away.

     The ceremony was about start and they took their seats. She watched him closely as he stood at the alter. He looked so handsome. She smiled softly and their eyes locked. She looked away and stood as the bride began to walk down the aisle. The ceremony began when Brooke said, "Wait." Derek looked at her with questioning eyes. "I can't do this. This isn't how this is supposed to go. This is supposed to be Bethany up here holding your hand. Her car.. It's a comet." Derek got closer to her and nodded, "Yes. What does that have to do with us?"

    She recited a poem about a boy seeing a comet. "That's your new book. It's about a boy seeing a comet and all the wonderful things it makes him feel and how it brought him meaning and beauty and it made him feel alive. You and Bethany met the first time when her car broke down. She's your comet" Bethany closed her eyes like this was a bad dream she could escape. Brooke ran down the steps and left. Derek sat down as Mark, his best man, looked over at Bethany smiling. Sasha clapped his hands, and Bethany gave him mean eyes.

     Bethany also ran. "Brooke!" She yelled, as Brooke turned around. "Look Bethany, he loves you. He may love me too but he's in love with you. It's always going to be you. His whole family chooses you too. His friends choose you. I can't compete! You're Bethany Mota. He wrote a whole back about how much he loves you. You're his comet."

      2 years later;

     "Babe!" He shouted, "What?" She ran down the stairs, "Jackson is walking!" Bethany gasped as she began to cry. Derek chuckled at how dramatic his wife was. They sat and watched their son in awe. They were a tad obsessed.

     Later that night as they lay in bed, "Thank you." She whispered. "For?" He said playing with her hair, "Building me a home, giving me an amazing son, Loving me, everything," He smiled. "It's my honor to be in love with you Bethany."

    (This was all based on Leyton s5 of one tree hill! Hope you all loved it) the boy saw a comet - Bethany and Derek in the box!