Shots Fired.

You never really know that the worst day of your life is going to be the worst day of your life until it actually is.

She spent most of her time at the rehearsal studios, the past 4 years, since the first time she entered she's been on dwts, met friends she will remember forever, matured, got married, and today she found out she's pregnant.

She walked out of the restroom and met up with Witney, "Wit, you're my friend and I love you and trust you. So after I tell you this you aren't aloud to tell anyone." Witney nodded. "I'm pregnant." She smiled and didn't over react knowing Beth would kill her if she did. "Congrats." She said truly meaning it and hugging her tightly. "Thank you."

They roamed the hallways, up and down stairs and didn't see anyone. Which was weird. "Where is everyone?" Beth said, sticking her hands into her jacket pocket. Witney shrugged.

Next thing she knew her and Witney were being stuck in a supply closet. "What are you two doing?" Derek whispered. "Uh, walking?" Beth replied. "Why?" Witney asked. "We're on lockdown. Someone's in the building.. With a gun." Bethany's jaw dropped and so did Wits.

"What do you mean someone's in the building with a gun?" She asked. "I don't know, Beth." He sighed. "Sorry." She said looking at Witney with a don't mess with him right now look. Witney nodded back in agreement.

"Ok so what do we do know?" Witney asked. "You two stay right here until I come and get you." He said turning around to leave, going to take control. He opened the door then quickly closed it and turned and looked at Bethany. "I love you," he said. She nodded and smiled.

10 minutes later.

"I don't see anybody." Witney said looking out the small window on the door as Beth sat down messing with her nails. "Hmm," she mumbled. "Beth! There is the shooter. And..." Witney trailed off. "And what?" Beth said jumping up. "Derek."

She looked out the window and her heart stopped. She opened her mouth but nothing came out. There was a gun being pointed to her husband, the love of her life. She tried to open the door and run but Witney jumped in front of her. "You're not dying today, Bethany. Not today. So you can attempt to go out there but your gonna have to get through me first."

Bethany pushed her out of the way and ran, Witney running after her. She was too far away to hear what was being said, but she did hear when the bullet was shot. The next thing she saw was Derek falling to the ground and the shooter running.

Witney tried to hold her back, Bethany screaming and crying fighting to get out of Witney's arms.

She ran, she ran faster than she ever did in her life. She finally reached him and he was still awake. "Derek.. Derek.." she sobbed. "You can't die, I pick you, I marry you, I love you. You don't get to die! Derek, don't die!" She continued to cry.

"I'm not going to die." He said, blood continuing to leave his body. "Kiss me." He managed to get through, and she did. Mark came running up with all the emergency aid kits in the building. He began packing it to stop the bleeding as Val took Beth and sat her up against a wall to where she couldn't see Mark fighting to save Derek.

Val sat with her, talked to her, tried to get her mind off of it, but none of it was working. Derek's partner entered crying, sitting next to Beth. "No you don't get to cry, that's my husband, it took me along time to find him and even longer time to know I wanted him and loved him. So you do not get to cry!" She screamed.

Val jumps up and runs, telling Nastia to make sure she stays sit. The gun man was back, threatening to make sure Derek died, wanting to shoot him again. "Shoot me." Everyone turns and sees Bethany.

"I'm his wife, I'm the one carrying his soon to be child, I'm all of their friends, you'd be hurting everyone just as much if you shot me. So do it." She closed her eyes, waiting for it.

She hears a loud bang and opens her eyes and sees a frozen Val, not moving, because he just shot a guy. She opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out because as she looked down she saw blood rushing down her thighs.

"Beth, what is that?" Emma asked. "I'm having a miscarriage." She said running over to Derek. He wasn't awake. He wasn't moving. He didn't have a pulse.

The doors slam open as doctors flood through the building. "Wait where is Witney?" Bethany asked before hopping onto the ambulance with Derek. "I don't know, I haven't seen her." Sasha replied.

Bethany ran through the building, screaming, crying, "Witney." She turned and saw her best friend, her person, lying there on the ground in a puddle of blood, eyes wide open. She screamed, and shouted, and cried and held onto her bestfriend, now covered in her blood. She closed her eyes, kissed her forehead, and whispered, "I love you.. Fly high, Wit. Fly high."

She sat in the waiting room, she hadn't moved her eyes of the wall in front of her for the past two hours. Derek could be dead. Witney was dead. She finally snapped out of it when a doctor sat down next to her.

"Derek is asking for you." She said, smiling. Bethany followed the nurse into his room. "Hey." She whispered. "Beth-" he began to speak. "Don't." She crawled into his hospital bed and he held her. "You almost died. You never came back and got me. Witney is dead. So is our baby. It's dead, too."

"Our baby?" He questioned. "I was going to tell you today." She said, beginning to cry. "It's okay." He said brushing her hair back. "Today I almost lost everything." She whispered. "Yes, you did. But your strong. I know you are. You'll be okay. We will be okay." He reassured her.

Today was very much the worst day of her life.