December 07, 20xx

Dec. 07, 20xx
9:42 P.M.
Dear Kath,
                  I can't wait until Christmas break but that's still days away, 12 days to be exact. It feels like that 12 days is longer than it is. It feels like it's still a year before the holidays. I guess it's because I can't wait until school is over. I have been counting every second until that day comes. We're still 266 hours, 17 minutes and 3 seconds away from December 19. Now 266 hours, 16 minutes and 56 seconds because I write so slow.
                 I  have nothing to do during the break but that's exactly why I want school to be over—so that I wouldn't do anything. I  want to lie around and do nothing because everything is meaningless. All is vain, said the wisest king in the Bible, and I don't argue with wise people. The same praised the dead for they are dead more than the living for they have yet to see the evil under the sun.
                 Now 266 hours, 14 minutes and 47 seconds until I begin spending my vacation in vain and laziness. I yearn for the bitter taste of liquor so I my internal bitterness may exit my body. I long for a good smoke which I haven't gotten since I have never been to the bilyaran again after Chard and I broke up. But most of all, I earnestly thirst for a purpose. No, that's not right. My ultimate desire is for death to come, but I do need a purpose until God decides that I should take the eternal sleep.
                   I've written another poem today because Mrs. Chavez is such a bore.

Prayer of the Dying
Hear my silent cries, I pray
Notice my endless pain and misery
In the morning, I wear the brightest smiles
But evening takes it all away

Crying has been a habit
And tears my favorite drink
Swollen eyes my makeup
And yet I pretend I'm okay

I wait for death earnestly
I wish he'd come today
I beg him to spare me from life
To save me from this meaningless abyss

O Christ why have You given us life
Give back death its power
O return him his sting
Undo what You've already done

Amen.

                  I have to go and do useless schoolworks. I hate our stupid homeworks, as if we will use them in real life. Still, I do them because I have nothing better to do. I'll write again soon.