August 26, 20xx

August 26, 20xx
9:44 P.M.

My Beloved Kath,

Today after school, I helped your parents go through your belongings that will be donated to the orphanage. It was a tormenting trip to all the times we were together. I found your charm bracelets and the pink necklace I got you similar to mine when we were ten, so we could wear them like true besties, but you lost it because you were really burara*. I brought home the Barbie doll lying in your bed that bonded us because we shared the same hatred for Bratz and every bata* bought that boring doll. And I also saw your cute cork-board planner where you pinned the list of your life goals of traveling around the world, and ambitions of becoming a celebrity. It makes me sad that you can no longer achieve them.

As much as it is hard for me, my pain cannot compare to the cruel circumstance your parents and your Kuya Chard are going through. I am heartbroken to see them in mourning, especially Tita Car. Oh Kath, you would feel terrible for them. The loss you carved in our hearts is just unbearable.

But don't you worry, I hid your diaries from them just as you asked me to. I remember how angry I was when you first told me to take care of your things once you are already gone. I just truly believed you would be well, and that we would see each other get married and have children who we'll name after each other. Too bad these dreams of ours will never come true.

I shall devote my time tonight to reading through your diary. I hope you won't find me too intrusive, it's just that I want to know what secrets you have not told me. You might curse me and tell God on me. Please don't.

P.S: Rob talked to me today. He said that he was sorry for my loss. He is so cute, especially up close. This is the only good thing your death brought me, but I'm willing to give this up just to have you back.

*
Burara - disorganized
Bata - kid