September 25, 20xx

TRIGGER WARNING: This entry contains alcohol abuse. If you feel like your mental health could be affected, I advise you to read no further.

September 25, 20xx
11:39 P.M.

Dear Kath,

                  It's been so long since I have written. But the cheer dance competition is coming up, and we have practice even on weekends. I don't know why, but we're so competitive because some seniors are real bullies. We want to prove to ourselves that we can beat them.

                 Our gambling scheme at school is still operating. And I'm learning to makiramdam* whenever we play, and I know how to balasa*. I don't lose as much as I used to, only half of my daily allowance, which is better compared to losing it entirely. Doing these things makes me feel good about myself. There's just something about undoing your predictable self.

                 I'm now part of the cool clique, at least in class. They've been inviting me to their inuman* sessions. I don't think I'm prepared to get drunk yet. They've been telling me horror stories of their drinking experiences. They told me that Carl slept at the wrong house when he had so much to drink, that Alexa is such a talker when she's already tipsy, and that Rob almost burned down Jenna's place when he bragged about his bartending skills, so he made shembot*, but set the plastic pitcher on fire instead. I can't believe they laugh about these stupid tales, but they've discouraged me from even tasting a bit of liquor.

                 Kath, you might get angry with me, but I'm getting close with Alexa. I mean, she's hilarious and nice. In fact, she likes to tell me a lot of her secrets, but I won't say them. It will only hurt you because most of them are about Brad and their experiences in bed. Let's not go there.

                 Anyway, Rob and I still talk, and we've never been closer, but I really like him as a friend. And I don't wish to risk our friendship to advance my selfish interests.

                 My phone just rang. It's probably Rob.

                 I got to go. Good night.

*
Makiramdam - to observe, to feel
Balasa -shuffle
Inuman - drinking
Shembot - a cocktail made of gin, coffee and juice that is completed by lighting the bottle on fire as you pour it to a pitcher