December 24, 20xx

Dec. 24, 20xx
9:51 P.M.

Dear Kath,

                 Forgive me for not writing over the past days because we had been packing and donating our stuff because we're leaving tonight.
                  We will board the plane at ten p.m. but Mama insists that we leave as early as seven p.m. to the airport because of the traffic, and she's right. It tooks us two hours to arrive at Ninoy Aquino International Airport. Traffic is one of the things I will never miss in this country among the corrupt politicians in position and the people who keep on voting for them.
                   I had already bid my farewell to Rob and Jenna. My heart aches leaving them behind. They are definitely the ones I will miss. We promised to keep in touch, and that I will tell them if ever I find a new boyfriend and they will do the same. I wish them well.
                  A while ago, I saw the memorial marker where Benigno Aquino II was shot. I felt sorry because he risked his life to come back to the Philippines while I'm leaving the country to do the opposite.
                  Kath, I never thought I'll be so heartbroken over this. It feels more painful than when your Chard and I broke up and worse than learning your betrayal. I realized I love this country more than I think I do.
                  I have to go. We will board the plane now. I'll write again soon.