September 07, 20xx

September 07, 20xx
10:47 P.M.

Dear Kath,

                   School was fun today. Chris brought his guitar, and most of us learned how to play the Magbalik intro, and it felt like we have already mastered the instrument. We also sang songs at the top of our lungs, even though we were clearly out of tune. We got reprimanded, but it was worth it. I guess this is one of the few best things we enjoy as a class.

                  Rob says that in high school students abroad have different classes, unlike here where we have a single section and the same classroom for all our subjects. I told him that must be tiring because you have to move every subject. And we get to hang out with our classmates more whenever there's vacant or an absent teacher, which is fun unless you hate your them. I asked him if bullying was that bad as portrayed in the movies.

                “It is a problem there,” he answered.

                 I followed my question with another one. “Have you ever been bullied?”

                 “I was. So I had to join the gang who bullied me, so they would stop. They didn't though. You have to wish so hard that they'd bully someone else, so they could forget you.”

               “That's messed up,” I told him. “How about here? Has anyone bullied you here?”

               “The bullies here are the authorities. I mean, they're bullies there too, but not as much as they are here.”

              “That's because you're such a misfit. They're just punishing you for not abiding by the rules,” I said.

              “The rules here don't make sense. So what if I grow my hair long? So what if I don't wear my complete uniform? Would that distract me from studying? It's bullshit.”

              Our conversation ended there because our teacher had already entered our room to begin her class.

              Oh, I almost forgot. Kath, I wanted to tell you, you don't have to worry about me having no real friends because I have Rhea now. I mean, we always knew each other, but we don't hang out often unless every girl in class is together. The girls in our class, they're fine, but I'm not comfortable around them. Like I have to be cool as they are or do the same things as they do, even if they don't force me to. I feel like I have to be someone else to be part of their clique. But they're not bad except for Jenna, I have not forgiven her yet even though I got back at her already.

                Anyway, I stopped using Facebook as much as I did before. I use Twitter instead because that's where I sip a lot of tea. I don't have many followers, unlike the famous ones at our school, but it's fine because they always get into flame wars with other famous girls from other schools. Why do girls like to bring down other girls?

             Oh, Rob just messaged me. I'll write to you soon.