September 02, 20xx

September 02, 20xx
10:16 P.M

Dear Kath,

                   Today was a little crazy. I had cramps because of my period and I hate it. This might be because I did not skip three steps on the stairs when I first had my monthly visit. Now I suffer from dysmenorrhea every month. But you know what? The superstition to avoid pimples where you should wipe your face using your washed underwear the earliest time you menstruated, I don't think that's real. I have not done that and Julie did it, but I don't experience breakouts the way she does.

                     I was also in an agitated mood today. I got irritated by stupid things that I was so angry the whole day. Even when Rob talked to me, I got so annoyed that Rob noticed how my dark brown eyes almost turned into fiery red. I hate periods!

                    I remember reading Are You There  God? It's Me, Margaret, and the characters could not wait to have their menstruation. That's so absurd! I'm the opposite, I cannot wait for menopause to come. I hope I'll have that next year.

                   Now that I think of it, you were way worse than I am during your red days. You wouldn't go to school at all because you could not even stand. You would demand Brad to skip school too so you could nag and order him to buy whatever satisfied your cravings. I pitied him because I knew what it felt like to be with you at that specific time of the month. But I was thankful for him because you used to ask me to do the same before you had a boyfriend. 

                  If only there's a medicine that stops this once-a-month dalaw*! Oh wait, there is, but I'm not sure what I think about it. I've been told when you use birth control pills it minimizes your period to three times a year, but you would stink like crazy down below. Plus, the nuns in our school will go nuts when they learn I take them.

                    Rhea uses them because of her extreme bleeding during irregular cycles. Her periods last like a month, so the doctor prescribed her this hormonal pill that is also a contraceptive to lessen her period. When Sister Ruth learned about it, she had a negative opinion of it. Sister Margaret said when Rhea gets married, she won't be able to bear babies. Rob laughed at their remarks. He said nuns think marriage is all about having children. I didn't know what to say. I mean, I thought the point is procreation at least, that's what I've been taught at school and at church.

                    That reminds me. A 10th grader got pregnant, and it is really controversial at school. She dropped her classes, but Rob said she'd be expelled anyway. Like a big debate is going on whether we should have sex education included in our health curriculum. Many parents are concerned because if the school allows it,  it's like promoting sex. Others pointed out that sex education is teaching safe sex because 30 plus people a day in the Philippines contract HIV. But the nuns and priests said that that is God's judgement on gays and whoever engages in premarital sex, so they deserve it. Of course, they received backlash from their statements.

                   It's been very wild. I don't even know what to believe in. I wish everything is perfect. It makes me want to ask, is heaven as wonderful as our Catholic Church claims? I'm thankful you are already there. You have escaped this confusing circus. I hope I could go there now too.

*     
Dalaw - visit, also an idiom for menstruation