August 27, 20xx

August 27, 20xx
10:16 P.M.

Sweet Katharine,

                                                        I had just finished reading your first-ever diary when you were five. I cannot believe you began keeping a journal that early. Anyway, all I could make out of it is how you love your mom and dad, and how you hate your classmates then. That's kind of funny because, if I'm not mistaken, that was when we first met, and we immediately blew off. You also named a girl in your class “agly manster”. You were so irritated by her because you find her papansin*. I wonder who that was. Was she Emily? But then again, you wrote that you treated her kindly because she was awkward. You didn't treat Emily nicely. Remember when you hid her lunch and threw all your trash in her bag? You asked me to do the same, but I didn't want to. We did not sit together at lunch that day.
                        You also always cried then even if no one was bothering you. But later you told me your reason, you said you wanted to be a movie star, that's why we played paunahan umiyak* all the time, and the one who tear up first would dare the loser. I had always lost, so I needed to buy you candies, tell my crushes I like them and yell at your enemies that their panget*. But one time I won you didn't do what I dared you to do. I challenged you to invite Emily for our afternoon games, but you refused. You were so unfair. Instead, you gave me this cute dress for my Barbie doll that I had always coveted. I was so shallow.

                         By the way, we just had a quiz today in math. It's not that hard, at least not as I expected it to be. I'm not used to your absence at school, especially when we have quizzes like this. I kept my solution paper as usual to give them to you, but you weren't at your seat, and I'm reminded once again that you are already gone. It was a sour day after that.

                        It's difficult adjusting without you, but I'll be fine—soon.

P.S: Rob talked to me again today. He asked for help on some lessons because he was “review-cramming” just before we took the exams.  

*
Papansin - attention-seeker
Paunahan umiyak - whoever cries first
Panget - ugly