October 25, 20xx

Oct. 25, 20xx
4:16 P.M.

Dear Kath,
                  I just got back from a misa. The homily by Father Andrew is as usual relatable. It's about hope, that life may seem too bleak to have a light at the end of the tunnel. He said we can have faith that God is faithful to keep his promises. He promises us in Jeremiah 29:11 that His plans are amazing and that it will all make sense in the end. My spirit was uplifted after that.
                   Father Andrew is one of my most favorite priests. He speaks with this beautiful low soothing voice, and I could listen to him all day. But his messages are what's important. It's always relevant, and he doesn't give off the “holier than thou” vibe. Rather, he comes off as one of us, imperfect and human. I have never met more a Christ-like person than Father Andrew.
                   Anyway, I have already mentioned that Chard doesn't believe in God anymore, which bothers me. He told me he's a nihilist in a typical Chard manner: by borrowing the words of a deceased man named Friedrich Nietzsche. And he said it mimicking a German accent while puffing a cigarette, “I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time.” I just hate it when he quotes philosophers because I don't know enough dead men to counter him, so I told him to stop that habit. He argued that priests quote dead people all the time and I willingly believe whatever they say.
               “No they don't,” I said.
               “Who do you think wrote the Bible, silly?” he asked me. You know, I never knew what rhetorical questions were until I had an argument with him.
               “They won't be dead too long,” I answered him with firmness in my voice to profess my faith. “When Christ comes again, they will be resurrected while Niet- Niet- whoever that person you just quoted will rot in hell.”
                I am worried about him. Where will his soul go after he dies? What if he ends up in purgatory? I don't want to light hundreds of candles after he's gone, so he could enter heaven. I will nag him again about this later.
                    Oh, I must tell you. After our first fight, telling how I feel is easier for me. I mean not just to him, but to everyone. Like I told my mother how she could approve of extrajudicial killings while being a Catholic at the same time, which she found disrespectful, so I had to confess that today. Now I had to do all Mama's orders without complaints or grumblings. But I kid you not, Father Andrew smiled at me after confessing my impolite remark at Mama. I asked Father Andrew his opinion on the matter.
               “Even Christ was tried in a court before he was sentenced to death," he answered and sighed. "Their justice system wasn't perfect, but it's better than what we have. Imagine, more Jesuses are murdered in our streets because of the lack of due process.”
               “But there are people, even members of the church who support the killings,” I told him.
               “Remember when Christ returns, He will separate the sheep from the goats.The people who fed, clothed, and visit in prison the least of our brothers and sisters will inherit the kingdom of God."
                We left the church after my confession, and I saw the crucifix my mother held and pondered on Fr. Andrew's words. I did not ponder long for I have to do a ton of chores before I go out with Chard. I'll write again tomorrow, I hope.