September 1, 20xx

September 1, 20xx
9:16 P.M.

Darling Kath,

                        Forgive me for not writing the past few days. I caught a cold after attending a sleepover, so I rested during the weekends, and I would have skipped school on Monday if it wasn't a holiday. I'll update you with the things you missed when I haven't written.

                       I was invited to a slumber party by Jenna last Friday night. Every girl from our section was there, yes, even Alexa. Initially, I did not want to go, but Mama urged me. She said I need to look for a new best friend. I did not find one there, instead I found an enemy.

                        It was fun, though. Jenna's room is enormous, unlike my tiny hole that I'm beginning to outgrow, and I'd have to say it's even bigger than yours. Her pink walls are decorated with BTS posters and eye-soothing fairy lights. The only thing I hated about it is its scent. Jenna uses this strong perfume that stings my sensitive nose because she tries to hide the stench of cigarettes.

                       Still, I enjoyed the sleepover. We watched movies, had pillow fights and spilled tea. But I feel out of place because I could not relate to them even if I wanted to. It's like I'm stuck at being a child while our peers are growing up too fast. They were already making out with boys while I have just begun talking to my crush. How fair is that? I hope you were there. I bet you would do a better job conversing with them than I do, except with Alexa.

                       Anyway, Alexa bragged about how good Brad is at kissing, which I cringed at because you told me the same thing. Don't worry, the other girls think badly of her too. But they must have forgiven her for dating Brad because you are already gone.

                       Fast-forward the next morning, I was coughing and wasn't feeling all that well. It was horrible for I had to stay in bed for three days. I later learned from Rhea that Jenna played a prank by spitting on one of the drinks they handed out, and I was the unlucky girl who stupidly drank it. She also said that Jenna told everyone about what she did when she heard I was sick. Jenna's a jerk.

                       I got back at her by telling Mrs. De Guzman today that Jenna smokes at the back of the school during breaks. She was caught along with Rob and some other students, and they were sanctioned. I felt guilty afterwards because their parents were summoned to school. I don't think anyone knows I was the one who tattled. If they do, Rob would never talk to me again. But the consolation is that Jenna will not host another slumber party for a while.

A/N: The setting of the story is not during 2020. So don't worry, there's no pandemic.
         Anyway, stay safe, everyone!