December 13, 20xx 10:27p.m.

10:27 p.m

                  We just arrived from the mall. We shopped and  ate outside after chuch today because Mama is making up to me.
                   Anyway, Father Andrew's homily is about Moses. He said Moses was an incredibly lucky man. He was adopted by Pharaoh's daughter and was educated like a prince while his own people were treated as slaves and their children murdered. Father Andrew said Moses is what we call privileged today.
                 “Privileged was he indeed but he jeopardized his privileges to defend his own people. But the very people he was defending despised him and questioned his authority when he tried to stop two Hebrews from fighting each other. He then knew that his crime was known so he fled his life of privilege,” Father Andrew spoke with a lovely deep voice.
                  “We already knew what's next,” he said looking intently in the eyes of his audience with a loud voice. “God appeared to Moses through a burning bush. He called him to speak to Pharaoh to free God's chosen people from slavery. We knew Pharaoh didn't want to so God sent plagues until he did. Then the Red Sea parted and then God gave Moses the Ten Commandments, amd so on.
                  “But today, I want us to focus on how Moses's efforts at first didn't bear the fruit he wanted. He wasn't able to eradicate the injustice his people were experiencing and even his own people hated his efforts even after God already called Moses to speak to Pharaoh. The first time Moses and Aaron told Pharaoh to free his people, Pharaoh ordered his taskmasters to stop giving the Hebrew straw to make bricks that was why they complained against Moses and Aaron. 
                  “Sometimes, this can happen to us. The very people we want to help will hate us the same way they hated Moses after all the sacrifices he made,” his voice now speaking softly, evoking sincerity. “This is true when we speak about injustice. Speaking about injustice will force us to sacrifice our peace, our normal lives and other privileges, especially, when we are not the ones who are affected. That is why many of us  keep mum on whatever's going around us because we don't want to be affected. We don't want to care because we know the price we will pay.
               “And if sometimes, we speak about injustice, the people we are fighting for will hate us, the people around us will think we are reklamadora, aktibista, komunista, atbp.
               “But if Moses never spoke, his people would never have been freed. If Moses never spoke, the Ten Commandments would have never existed. If Moses never spoke, the Hebrews would have never entered the promise land.” When Father Andrew said something about the promise land, I remembered Rob contested that before. Rob said to this day there is a territorial dispute among Israel and their neighboring countries. Rob said Israel is like China in the West Philippine Sea. But  I remembered, I'm currently ignoring Rob and all his complaints in the world so I paid attention to Father Andrew again.
                “So like Moses, we must speak when we see injustice because the cost of our silence will result to more injustice.  We must speak when we see injustice because our Lord and Savior is also a victim of injustice when they crucified him. We must speak when we see injustice because Jesus Christ said in Matthew 25:40 that whatever you do the least of your brothers and sisters, you have also done it unto the Lord. Let us pray...”
                 I wasn't able to pray seriously because I had to wake Mama who had fallen asleep during the homily.
                 We went home after that and I pondered on Father Andrew's preaching. But had to stop thinking about it because I need to memorize my lines for the play.
                I have to go and memorize. I'll write again soon.