Chapter 43

I plop down in a chair next to Sam with a loud huff.

"Trouble in paradise?" He jokes.

"Shut up." I spat. "What's going on?" I ask looking at the monitor with Bucky on it and some weird guy. But there's no sound.

Sharon walks in with a piece of paper placing it on the desk, Steve trailing not far behind her. I shoot him a glare. He just shoots me a confused glance in return.

"The receipt for your gear."

"'Bird costume'? Come on." Sam says annoyed.

"I didn't write it." She pushes a button unmuting the TV.

"I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James? I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James."

"My name is Bucky." I can feel the tension even by watching. Somethings not right.

"Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?" Steve asks looking at the photo.

"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?"

"Or just because they're to dumb to ask the one person who's most likely to have known where he was." I mumble quietly not happy about Sharon being here and the way she's looking at Steve.

"Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier."

"You're saying someone framed him to find him."

"Wow did you figure that out on your own?" I smile at her.

"Lette." I break my gaze from her to glare at Steve.

"Thats Scarlette to you, Rogers." I raise my brows.

"Steve, we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing." Sam interjects.

"We didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads." I state.

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would." Her gaze falls on the evaluator in the screen, her eyes narrow.

Steve frowns and looks at me. "Yeah."

I ignore his gaze and stare at the TV. The longer I stare the more uneasy I feel.

"Will you guys listen to me when I say somethings not right this time? Please." I look right at Steve.

"She's right." Sharon agrees with me.

"Tell me, Bucky. You've seen a great deal, haven't you?" The guys asks James.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"You fear that... if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop. Don't worry." He looks at his phone. "We only have to talk about one."

"Get someone down there now, something isn't right." I say standing up.

"Will you stop being paranoid?" Steve asks.

All of a sudden the power goes out.

"Am I being paranoid now?"

"Sub-level 5, east wing." Sharon states telling us where our gear is. I don't follow Steve and Sam. I run straight for James.

Steve and Sam arrive shortly after me outside the chamber. Red emergency lights flash all around. There are many agents slumped on the floor. All of them out cold.

"Help me. Help." The 'doctor' says.

I walk up to him grabbing him by the collar. "What did you do?" I snarl my voice dripping with pure venom.