Chapter 14

I'm sitting on the ledge of the building were taking Sitwell too, watching over their interaction. 10 minutes later Steve is throwing Sitwell through the door.

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm." Steve demanded.

"Never heard of it." Sitwell laughs.

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?"

"I was throwing up, I get seasick." Steve forces Sitwell to the edge of the rooftop, Sitwell just smiles "Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers."

"You're right. It's not. It's hers." Steve steps aside for me to kick Sitwell off the roof, he plummets down screaming. I start laughing.

"So, are we gonna talk about what happened at the house?" Nat asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"So, there was no steamy kiss?" She asks me. My eyes go wide! I don't even look at Steve to see his reaction.

"Who told you?" I asked.

"Sam when he came back from telling you about breakfast."

"Yeah, not the time." Steve sighed as Sam, in his Falcon jet-pack suit with wings, flies up holding Sitwell and throws him down onto the roof. We all walk towards Sitwell. He holds his hand up in fear.

"Zola's algorithm is a program...for choosing Insight's targets!"

"What targets?" I ask.

"You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa city. Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA! Now, or in the future."

"The Future? How could it know?" Sitwell laughs at Steve.

"How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it." Steve and Natasha look at him in confusion. I know exactly where he's going with this. "Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, e-mails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores. Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future."

"And what then?"

"Oh, my God. Pierce is gonna kill me." Sitwell whines.

"What then?!" Steve screams again.

"Then the Insight Helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time."

"You've got to be shitting me." I roll my eyes.

We stove Sitwell into the car. I'm between him and Nat

"HYDRA doesn't like leaks."

"So why don't you try sticking a cork in it." Sam sneers.

"Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here."

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly."

"What?! Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea." Suddenly something or someone lands on the car roof, pulls Sitwell out through the window and throws him into the oncoming traffic, killing him, he then starts shooting at them until Steve pulls the break handle making whatever was on the roof, drop down onto the street, as another car smashes into our car and pushes us along. It's the Winter Soldier. I'm frozen. He jumps back onto their car, smashes through the windshield and pulls out the steering wheel.

"Shit!" Natasha starts shooting at him but the he jumps onto the vehicle behind them, as the car is being pulled off the road, I jump onto the Steve's lap.

"Hang on!" He breaks open the door, holding onto us. We slide on the car door through the street. The Winter Soldier is joined by HYDRA agents and they start shooting at them, we all scatter and run off in different directions with the Winter Soldier shooting at me but I manage to shoot his goggle mask as I run off.

I set up a false distraction so I could surprise him. He rolls a bomb under the car. As it explodes, I jump onto the Winter Soldiers back and try to knock him out but he throws me off, I start running off as he comes after me.

"Get out of the way! Stay out of the way!" Suddenly I'm shot in the shoulder, I fall and look around me, as the Winter Soldier comes up from behind to shoot me. Steve jumps in and attacks him, they fight and in the process the Winter Soldier takes Steve's shield and throws it at him but Steve manages to avoid being hit, after battling it out more the Winter Soldier's mask comes off, as he looks around at Steve, he learns the true identity of the Winter Soldier, Bucky Barnes.

"Bucky?"

"James." Me and Steve say at the same time.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" As Bucky goes to shoot at Steve Sam flies in and kicks Bucky aside, Bucky takes aim again but before he can shoot Natasha uses the grenade launcher Bucky dropped earlier to shoot at Bucky who vanishes in the smoke of the explosion, then the trio hear sirens after which they are surrounded by HYDRA agents being led by Rumlow.

"Drop the shield, Cap! On your knees! Get on your knees! Now! Get down! Get down!" The guy from the hospital yells. Steve holds his hands up. "Get on your knees! Down!" He kicks Steve's leg and Steve kneels down. "Don't move." He looks at the helicopter flying above them and warns another guy who's holding Steve at gunpoint. Who are these people? Is this what happens when I leave for a few months. A bunch of new people come in and I just have no clue who they are. "Put the gun down. Not here. Not here!" The guy lowers his gun, the HYDRA agents then take Steve, Sam, and Natasha into custody. I wonder why they didn't cuff me.

"You little miss are safe for now. You'll be in the truck with them. But you're going straight to Pierce." He motions for his goons to put me.

"It was him. He looked right at me like he didn't even know me."

"How's that even possible? It was like seventy years ago."

"I know." Steve looks at me with a look of anger and shock as I begin to explain. "Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43, Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They found him and turned him to what you see now. A super soldier with the mental compacity of a serial killer."

"How do you know this?"

"He's the one who trained me."

"He did more than train you." Nat mumbled. Luckily no one heard her but me.

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky." Sam notices my shoulder and looks at the guards.

"We need to get a doctor here. We don't put pressure on that wound she's gonna bleed out here in the truck." Suddenly one of the guards pulls out an electric rod and neutralizes the other guard and knocks him out, the guard is revealed to be Hill as she takes off her helmet.

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain." I suppress a laugh as Sam looks at her in confusion. "Who's this guy?"

Yooo so ima leave this here because school started and I'm gonna get really busy.