Chapter 3

"Good morning Rogers. Ready?" I asked Steve as he answered the door at his apartment.

"Uh, yeah." He said. He grabbed his leather jacket and we walked down to the lobby.

"You know I bet SHIELD could hook you up with a much better apartment than that one." I said as I smiled at him.

"It's old fashion and I don't think I could afford a place in Brooklyn like I'd want."

"You'd be surprised by the strings headquarters could pull to get you that apartment." I said as we approached Coulson's car. Steve held the door open for me. "Thank you." I smiled shyly.

We drove off and merged with oncoming traffic. The car ride was not silent, like I'd wish. It was filled with Coulson practically fan-Girling over him. I just laughed to myself. I could see Steve was getting uncomfortable. I was about to say something but we arrived at the launch deck. We got on the jet and took off. Once we were steady in the air, we all unbuckled and got up. Phil talked to the pilot and then walked over to Steve who was watching the tablet with everyone's case files. I rolled my eyes, this going to be interesting.

"So, this Doctor Banner was trying to replicate the serum that was used on me?" Steve asked.

"A lot of people were. You were the world's first superhero. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula." Coulson replied. Well at least he wasn't bothering him with his fan Girling. Wonder how long this'll last.

"Didn't really go his way did it?"

"Not so much. When he's not that thing though, guy's like a Stephen Hawking," Steve looked at him confused, "He's like a really smart person. I got to say, it's an honor to meet you, officially," Steve smiled weakly. That lasted less than two minutes, new record, "I sort of met you, I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping." Okay that draws it.

"Okay Coulson, let's give Rogers here a moment." I said interrupting Coulson before he said something to really make Cap uncomfortable, like his trading cards. Steve got up and walked over to the pilots and just stood there. I walked over to him.

"This is all, a lot." Steve sighed.

"Yeah, I could imagine it is, being 70 years and all." I said trying to comfort him. I wasn't really good at this thing. But I know what it feels like to miss part of society.

"Yeah. You seem well adjusted." He read my file. Or what isn't classified.

I cleared my throat, "Yeah, uh it's, well its uh, I'm a different story." I said stuttering my words.

"Yeah, I guess it is." He said looking down. I couldn't help but notice how sad he was. I was about to ask if he was okay, but Coulson interrupted me.

"It is a huge honor to have you on board."

"Well I hope I'm the man for the job." Steve said looking sad.

"Oh, you are. Absolutely. Uh... we've made some modifications to the uniform. I had a little design input." I laughed at Coulson.

"Actually, I designed it." I stated.

"The uniform? Aren't the stars and stripes a little," Steve paused, "Old fashioned?"

"I think we could use old fashion." I slightly smiled at him.

We arrived at base and landed on the carrier. We walked off to see everything going on. The wind blew my long blonde hair everywhere. Within a second Nat came up to us I rolled my eyes.

"Hello Lette." My sister smirked at me.

"Hi Tasha." I said rolling my eyes. To say her and I didn't get along would be an understatement.

"I heard you had to get the Captain. Surprised you didn't bone him the minute you later eyes on him." She whispered. I rolled my eyes at her. She was nagging me. Steve must have heard because he starred down at us.

"And I heard you had to get the big guy. I'm surprised you came back alive and not a body bag." I shot back ignoring the fact that Steve was staring right at me.

"Will you ever grow up?" She asked.

"Not until you do." I say walking off to meet Doctor Banner.

"You must be the other Miss. Romanoff." A short guy who looked a little dorky to me said.

"Please call me Scarlette or Lette, Ms. makes me sound like an old single woman with a hundred cats." I chuckled.

"Ok."

"You seem lost. Must be hard coming back to all this." I said motioning to everyone on the deck.

"Yeah, a little. I'll adjust."

"Doctor Banner. Ma-, Scarlette." I hear someone call out. I turn around to see Steve with my sister. I glare at her.

"Hi, I heard you'd be coming." They begin their conversation.

"You done drooling yet?" Tasha gives me a smug look.

"What?" I ask.

"Common please you've been infatuated with that man since the day they found him in the ice."

"Please that man threw me into a wall." I rolled my eyes.

"What? Still not over him?"

"Tash shut it. We don't talk about the red room remember?"

"Right."

"And don't mention him to Steve."

"Gentlemen, you may want to step inside in a minute. It's going get a little hard to breath." She ignores my comment as the Heli-carrier starts shaking as it prepares to fly.

"Is this a submarine?" Steve asks.

"Really? They want me in a submerged pressurized metal container," Him and Bruce take a step towards the edge. "Oh, this is much worse." He says as he sees the jet engines emerge from the water. There stared in amazement. As we walk back into the carrier, Steve stares at everything in complete awe. I smirk and sneak up behind him.

"Guess you owe me that date after all." I smirked at him and walked over to a monitor asking if they have found Barton yet.

"Romanoff," My sister and I both look at him he sees our confusion, "Natasha, would you please show Banner to the lab."

"You're going to love it doc you've got all the toys." Nat says walking off. I rolled my eyes and walked over to Steve.

"A lot, right?" I asked.

"Yeah." He sighed.

"You don't have to take me on that date. I know your clearly upset over Peggy."

"Yeah." He said hanging his head down.

"I'm sorry she was a great woman." I said feeling upset. I mean he lost the love of his life.

"Sir we found a match."

"Captain, you're up." Fury said making Steve look up at him

"Let's go Captain. Time for you to see your barracks." I smirked at myself for my horrible army reference. We changed quickly and got on the jet. Nat was driving.

Ready for the next chapter??? I had a lot of fun writing it. 😂😂