Chapter 36

Scarlette's POV

"The twins know?" Nat asks me.

"Yes, they know and I feel terrible for not talking to them about it but I haven't exactly had the time with Steve babying me and everything."

"You need to tell them."

"I know Nat, I know."

She goes to say something but is interrupted by Steve barging into my room. "Sam found him." 

Nat and I both shoot up from my bed. "When do we leave?" I ask. 

Steve shoots his head to look at me, "You, are not going." He points his finger at me.

"Oh, common Steve. I'm perfectly fine."

"You haven't trained in weeks. You are the least prepared from all of us."

I roll my eyes at him. I mean he wasn't wrong but I couldn't sit here and do nothing. I mean I have a right to get him as much as they do. I mean the bastard tried to kill me too.

"Fine I don't have to go but I'm moderating from here then." I say crossing my arms.

"Fine. Nat, get the twins and lets go."

~

I start at the screens with video from Sam's redwing allowing me to see everything.

"All right, what do you see?" Steve asks.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." I tell him.

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means-"

"Cameras. Both cross streets are one way." I interrupt him.

"So, compromised escape routes?" Wanda asks.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve says. I move the camera to see where he's talking about.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute." I joke. "I want one." 

"Now isn't the time to look for cars." Nat interjects. "It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us."

"We really can never catch a break, can we?" I ask.

"Nope." Nat mumbles.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda asks sipping her tea.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Nat says.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam jokes.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?"

"That makes two of us Nat."

"Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him." Steve says. I can't help but roll my eyes at him.

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us." Sam jokes.

"I guess it's a goo thing I'm not there, he hates me the most." I joke, but stop laughing once a garbage truck starts pushing through crowds hitting people. "Sam, see that truck? Tag it. Give me X-ray."

Weight analysis: Cargo Weight: 13825 kgs. Max capacity. -The screen reads.

"That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed." I say. "It's a battering ram." 

"Go now." Steve yells.

"What?" Wanda freaks.

"Wanda it's okay you have this."

Steve heads for the infectious building. Sam and Wanda take out the guards to keep Steve from being detected. He runs into Rumlow packing up weapons. I see he stole one and Steve was on it. Nat went after his two goons that have it with them. They trap Nat in tank. I know she can get herself out so I don't worry.

I click the monitor to change the video feed. I watch Steve and Rumlow fight.

"This is for dropping a building on my face." I sit on the edge of my chair afraid of what he means.

Steve grabs Rumlow's arm and pulls the gauntlet off, only for Rumlow to reveal another knife. But Steve bests him. Defeated, on his knees, Rumlow removes his mask, revealing a scarred face. I almost vomit right there.

"I think I look pretty good, all things considered."

"Who's your buyer?"

"You know, he knew you. You pal, your buddy, your Bucky. He's pissed you took his wife." I drop my tea on the floor letting the glass smash all over the floor.

"What did you say?" Steve asks.

"He remembered you. I was there. He got all weepy about it. Cried you stole his gal. That was until they put his brain back in a blender. He wanted you to know something. He said to me, 'Please tell Rogers. When you gotta go, you gotta go.' And you're coming with me."

He activates his bomb vest and Steve flinches as Rumlow's armor ignites, but Wanda keeps the blast contained around Rumlow who grimaces in agony. She lifts him into the air before she loses control, and the explosion finally blossoms, devastating entire floors of a nearby office building. Wanda sees what happened and covers her mouth in shock.

"Oh my, Sam . . . We need . . . Fire and Rescue . . . on the south side of the building. We gotta get up there."

"Shit." I mumble leaning back into my chair. "Friday turn on the TV and get someone to clean up this mess, and call Tony."

"Right away miss." Friday answers. 

I don't care he's at his MIT presentation. He needs to get the media under control before this gets out of hand.

Hello everyone. So welcome to Civil War. I had an idea of where I wanted this movie to go but it really doesn't tie into how I wanna do Infinity War and Endgame. So I'm changing it.

But any ideas you want to see between Steve and Scarlette let me know. I take your suggestions into consideration.