Chapter 12

I keep thinking about everything going on in my life. I'm not sure what to do. I really miss him. How could I not? He was my first love and always will be. He's my soulmate, but there's something about Rogers that I can't figure out. I don't know why or how, but he just makes me feel so...happy.
"Lette you ready to go?" Nat asks me handing me a purse.
"As I'll ever be." I sighed. I look myself over in the mirror and take a deep breath.
"The chances of seeing him are slim." She puts a comforting hand on my shoulder.
"Yeah," I try and keep the tears in, "Let's get this over with." I pull my shoulder out of her grasp and walk out of the room.

We go undercover to the mall as a couple and their sister. We make our way to the apple store to use a laptop there.

"It has a level 6 homing device once I plug it in they'll know where we are." I say.

"How long?"

"9 minutes starting," I plug in the drive, "Now. Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands."

"Can you override it?" Steve asks me.

"I can but the person who created it is slightly smarter than me," I wink at him, "Slightly." He blushes a little. It's cute.

I'm typing as fast as I can on this computer. Why do they make mall WiFi so slow. Jeez. If we were at headquarters I could of had this done in two minutes.

"Can I help you guys with anything?" An Apple employ asked.

"No, my sister, husband and I were just looking for some second honeymoon destinations. We need a break from our kids." I say hugging Steve.

"Right were married. And we have kids." He says that last part lowly like he believes the lie we're telling. I chuckle a little and go back to the laptop.

"Where are you thinking about going?" He asked. Steve looked at the screen.

"New Jersey." The Apple guy looked at us suspiciously.

"I have the exact same glasses."

"Wow you guys are practically twins." Nat said sarcastically.

"Yeah right," He motioned, "Specimen. If you need anything, I've been Arron."

"You know it?" I asked Steve. He's looking at the computer with a sad-scowl.

"I used too."

"Let's go."

We get on the escalator and see that guy from before.

"Rumlow. Quick kiss me." Nat says.

"What?"

"Yeah what?" I asked slightly jealous.

"Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable."

"Yes, they do."

"He's getting closer. Uh." I panicked and grabbed Steves face and just laid on him. It was soft and sweet. I felt him lick my bottom lip.

"He's gone let's go love birds." Nat said.

"Shut it Nat." I swat her arm. "You still uncomfortable?" I smirked at myself walking away from Steve.

"Not exactly a word I use." I giggle to myself and walk down the steps.

We highjack a car and start our ride to New Jersey. I wish I could say time flew by but it didn't. Nat didn't help with her questions.