Chapter 25

Steve POV

"Two minutes. Stay close." I make my way into the lab. It's destroyed. Dr. Cho is shot badly in her shoulder. "Dr. Cho!"

"He's uploading himself into the body." She musters out. She's about to slip into unconsciousness.

"Where?"

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark."

"First I have to find it."

"Go."

I run out of the lab and make my way back to the roof, "Did you guys copy that?"

"We did." Clint answers.

"I got a private jet taking off, across town, no manifest. That could be him."

"Thats to easy Nat. He wouldn't make it there in that fast of time." Scarlette completely objects Natashas statement.

"There. It's the truck from the lab. Right above you, Cap. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver."

"Negative! If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron." I jump onto the roof of the truck. I'm going to fall off is my first thought.

"No, no, no, no, no. Leave me alone!" Ultron blasts the doors and I almost fall off the truck. Again.

"Well, he's definitely unhappy! I'm gonna try and keep him that way."

"You're not a match for him, Cap." Those are such nice words of encouragement.

"Thanks, Barton." I jump onto the roof after Ultron blasts me one more time.

"You know what's in that Cradle? The power to make real change, and that terrifies you."

"I wouldn't call it a comfort." I'm starting to get out of breath as I try and fight him.

"Stop it!' he throws my shield away from and hits me with his laser things.

"Why are me and Tasha always picking up after you boys." I hear Scarlette say through comms.

She throws me back my shield and I continue fighting him.

"We're going in, Cap can you keep him occupied?" I can hear the smirk in Scarlettes voice

"What do you think I've been doing?" I keep fighting Ultron. But I slowly start to feel my stamina draining.

"Nat! Lette! Cap, you see them?" Clint yells.

"If you have the package, get it to Stark! Go! I'll find them." No, no, no, no, no, he took Lette.

"Do you have eyes on them?"

"Go!" I say reluctantly. I turn towards the twins. "Civilians in our path. Can you stop this thing?" They both do their part and we stop any one from getting hurt. Now I have to focus on getting Lette. I walk up the twins. The one says he needs a minute.

"I'm tempted not to give you one."

"The Cradle, did you get it?"

"Stark will take care of it." I tell her.

"No, he won't." I look at her confused.

"You don't know what you're talking about, Stark's not crazy."

"He will do anything to make things right."

"Stark, come in. Stark. Anyone on comms?"

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?"

You've got to be---

Scarlette's POV:

The last thing I remember is Ultron grabbing my ankle and pulling me from the Jet. When I wake up I'm in some dingy place laying on the floor. Next to me is Nat, completely blacked out. I can hear Ultron singing his little song,

"I have no strings on me."

I pretend to still be out. I know he'll talk to us once we're awake. I want to give everyone else the time they need to find us.

"I know you're awake. I'm not an idiot." I slowly sit up. My back is stiff from laying on the concrete.

"You were made by one, sorry that clouds my judgement." I say sarcastically.

"You know, I went through the entire internet and found almost nothing about you. At least that's true."

"I like my secrets." I smirk at him.

"You know I know where he is. Join me and I'll find him for you."

No, you won't. I know where he is. You want to destroy the earth he won't even be alive.

"I know where he is too. Why do you think he's been able to hide so much? I'm not an idiot."

"I know you're not. That's why I'm telling you to join me. Those Avengers don't appreciate you. I know how Tony treats you. You're a wildcard. You need to let those tendencies free. Join me and we'll take them down forever." He holds out his mental hand. I hear Nat start to stir. She's waking up.

"Fine."

Short chapter I know but I needed to have this cause it's important. 😂😂
HAHSJDJDN 1K reads thank you😘