Chapter 6

(Scarlette POV)

After talking to Hill, I looked over at Steve. He was talking to Tasha but looking at me. I look away and walk over to the table and sat down. We watch Fury talk to Loki. I swear every time he looked at the camera he was staring right as at me. I shift in my chair uncomfortably.

"He really grows on you doesn't he." Banner says.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Rogers asked.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army? From outer space?" Steve questioned.

"So, he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Banner suspected.

"Selvig?" Thor questioned.

"He's an astrophysicist." Banner stated.

"He's a friend." 

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." I exclaimed.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve questioned.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him." Banner said shaking his glasses in his hand.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother." The more Thor says, the weirder I realize he talks.

"He killed eighty people in two days." I said to him.

"He's adopted."

"Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for?" Banner asks.

"It's a stabilizing agent." I stated. "Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants." 

"Uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails. That man is playing GALAGA! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did." Tony says covering his eye, looks around, "How does Fury do this?"

"He turns." I spat out. Saying I'm not a fan of Tony is an understatement.

"Well, that sounds exhausting. The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily." Tony said.

"Yeah he can. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube." I added.

"When did you two become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Hill asked.

"Last night." Tony and I said at the same time.

"The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Are we the only one who did the reading?" Tony asked.

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asked.

"He's got to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Bruce stated.     

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect." Tony states.

"Well, if he could do that, he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet." I said plainly.

"Finally, people who speak English." Tony joked.

"Is that what just happened?" Steve said in confusion. I just smirked at him.

"It's okay Steve, just something else I've got to catch you up on." I winked at him.

"Romanoff please stop flirting with the Captain." Fury states walking in.

"It's called making friends Nick, try it some time." I pop my neck.

"I'm sorry Ms. Romanoff would you like to be condemned?"

"I don't work for you anymore remember? I'm only here to get Barton back then I'm done with SHEILD. Again." I mumble the last part to myself.

"I don't recall making that deal."

"You may not have, but Coulson did." Nick shot Coulson a glare.

"Just find the cube and you can go home."

"Great!" I smile and walk off.

Ooo back talking to Fury. I wonder how that'll go over.
We're you surprised by her smarts?