Chapter 16

I'm making my way over to where the carriers were to be launched waiting when I heard Steve over the loud speaker.

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

"They're initiated launch." Maria yells. Steve and Sam make their way to me. The carriers start to come up out of the water.

"Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asks.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad."

It takes not even five minutes for Sam to say something.

"Hey, Cap, I found those bad guys you were talking about."

"You okay?"

"I'm not dead yet." I laugh at Sams response.

"Any sign of him?" I ask him.

"Not yet." Sam says.

"Remember the plan."

"Scarlette I hope you know what you're doing." Steve says.

"It's worked before." I shrug.

"Falcon, status?" Maria asks.

"Sam don't tell me you're dead." I laugh.

"Engaging. Alright, Cap, I'm in. Shit!"

"Sam, what happened? Sam?" You've got to be kidding me.

"Eight minutes. Get it done." Maria reminds us.

"Working on it." I say jumping onto the third carrier.

"Alpha locked." Steve said.

"Falcon, where are you now?"

"I had to take a detour! Oh, yeah! I'm in. Bravo locked." I could tell he was struggling a bit.

"Two down, one to go. Charlie Carrier's forty-five degrees off the port bow. Six minutes."

"Hey, Sam, I'm gonna need a ride."

"You better get here fast you took my chip." I yell at him.

"Roger! Let me know when you're ready."

"I just did!"

"You know, you're a lot heavier than you look."

"I had a big breakfast."

"Hello, big things happening right now." I yell at them.

Steve gets to the ledge under me. I turn around to see that Bucky appeared he pushes Steve off the edge. I watch from the ledge above.

"Steve!" Sam goes to fly off and help Steve. Bucky grabs one of his wings and throws him back, Sam starts shooting at Bucky and as he goes to fly off Bucky uses his weapon to rip off one of Sam's wings and kicks him off the Helicarrier, Sam manages to get his parachute out and lands on the roof of the Triskelion. "Cap? Cap, come in. Are you okay?" I see Steve is holding onto the side of the Helicarrier.

"Yeah, I'm here! I'm still on the Helicarrier." He pulls himself up. "Where are you?"

"I'm grounded, the suit's down. Sorry, Cap."

"Don't worry, I got it." I watch as Bucky watches Steve from above the Helicarrier. I jump down.

"People are gonna die, Buck. I can't let that happen." Bucky stares at him coldly.

"James." I cry. "Please, don't make me do this." I hold my gun up to him. He continues to stare at me coldly. "James. It's me. Please remember." I pull the necklace out from under my shirt.

"I know who you are. You're my mission." My expression falters. I feel the stinging of warm tears brimming my eyes.

"No, I'm not. I was your wife." I see Steve look at me sadly. Bucky goes attack me but Steve throws his shield at him. They start to fight as I make my way over to the chip station. Before I could place it in Bucky shoots me in the stomach, I slide the chip in. But I collapse before it clicks.

"One minute." Maria warns. Thirty seconds." She warns again.

"Stand by. Scarlette's been shot. Charlie locke."

"Okay, Cap, Lette, get out of there."

"Fire now." I yell.

"But, Scarlette."

"Do it! Do it now!" I scream. If Bucky dies I'm going with him.

The carriers begin to fire at each other. The rubble begins to fall Steve helps me up to escape. We see Bucky stuck underneath a large metal bar trying to pry it off himself. Steve puts me down to lift it off him. Bucky gets up and goes toward Steve.

"NO!" I yell at Bucky starts beating him.

"You know me."

"No, I don't!"

"Bucky, you've known me your whole life." Bucky hits Steve but Steve chooses not to fight back. "Your name is James Buchanan Barnes." Bucky hits Steve again.

"Steve fight back. Please! He'll kill you." The tears start escaping my eyes.

"Shut up!" Bucky yells. Steve takes off his mask and drops his shield out of the Helicarrier.

"I'm not gonna fight you. You're my friend." Bucky pushes Steve to the ground.

"You're my mission." He then mercilessly punches Steve repeatedly across the face. "You're my mission!"
I gather all my strength to pull myself up.

"Then finish it." Bucky hesitates holding his fist up. "Cause I'm with you to the end of the line." Bucky looks at Steve as if he's starting to remember just then the bottom of the Helicarrier falls sending Steve down into the river below as Bucky watches from the Helicarrier.

"No." I feel the tears falling from my eyes.

Bucky turns towards me unsure of what to do next. I limp over to him the best I can. He doesn't move. I try and find something to say to him but no words come out.

I look up at him. I take my necklace off. I put the necklace around him. His face turns to a look of confusion. I don't get a good look at him.

More of floor falls and I with it. I hit the water and everything goes black.

Ooooh I can't watch 🙈🙈.

If you're enjoying this story don't forget to share it with friends and vote 😘😘.