Chapter 10

"SHEILD been compromised. They're after whatever is on that drive."

"Then we make sure they don't get it. Care to play a little game of chase with Hydra?" I smirk.

"Oh yeah."

"Lette, I need to tell you something," Maria looks at Nat, "Privately." We step into another room.

"Fury isn't dead."

"I'm sorry what?" I saw him die on that table. How the hell is he not dead?
Leave it to Fury to do something dramatic.

"He used tetrodotoxin B to slow the heart down to one beat per-minute."

"That was meant for Bruce. Why did Fury need it?"

"To make it look successful."

"I just saw him die. There's no way he's alive."

"You can't tell anyone, not Nat, and definitely not Steve. I need you to go with them make sure nothing happens." She really expects me to hide something like this? What if it slips up? Wait-like that'll happen.

"You have no clue what hiding this will do."

"Just promise me. You won't tell."

"Yeah got it. Don't tell."

I walk back out to find Tasha only to see Steve at the vending machine I stepped behind him so he could see me in the glass. He grabbed me and shoved me into a room and slammed me into the wall. Not gonna lie I'm a bit turned on.

"Where is it?"

"Where's what?" I batt my eyelashes at him.

"Scarlette don't play dumb with me. What's on the drive?" He's gripping my shoulders tighter. But his face is getting closer to mine.

"Fury gave it to you, why?"

"What's on it?" Steve questioned.

"I don't know."

"Stop lying." He slammed me against the wall, again.

"Rogers what the hell do you think you're doing to my sister?" Nat says barging into the room.

"She knows something." His grip tightened.

"Cut it out Rogers I wasn't even on the mission with you when Nat retrieved it."

"How did you know we got it from a mission?"

"What's with the twenty-one questions, Rogers? If I knew something don't you think I'd tell you?"

Technically I did know something I wasn't telling him. But, he didn't need to know about that yet.

"Lette you might as well as tell him."

"Fine. But can you let go of me first?"

"Fine." He lets go of me. I rolled my eyes at his anger.

"I know who shot Fury. Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists, the ones who do call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last fifty years."

"So, he's a ghost story."

"Five years ago, Nat and I were escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran, somebody shot out my tires near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff, I pulled us out, but the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer, so he shot him straight through me," I lift up my shirt to show my scar, "Soviet slug, no rifling. Bye-bye bikinis."

"Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now." I smiled at him.

"Going after him is a dead end. I know, we've tried. Like you said, he's a ghost story."

"That doesn't explain why you're here." Steve is fuming with anger and it's pissing me off. Why is he giving me attitude I didn't shoot Fury.

"You gonna help us figure out who killed Fury?" I say holding up the drive.

"Well, let's find out what the ghost wants." He says taking the drive from me.

Steve doesn't know what a she's hiding wonder if he'll be pissed when he finds out.