🌸14

Colin's P.o.V.
Silently I lay in the bed and listened to the conversations. I had been awake for hours, but couldn't move.

"Do you actually know that you are a fucking ass...? There I am getting lucky one time and then you just go off to die in the woods, you're out of your mind... you have no idea how that pulled me back when you just left there...", I heard a soft female voice, then someone placed a kiss on my motionless lips. "You're such a weirdo..." the voice spoke, gently stroking my hand. "Why did you have to be so stupid and just walk away? Didn't you think about how I would feel? You're the first one who doesn't want to change me, you're the first one who really understands me, and you just leave me alone. If you don't survive this shit here..." she sobbed, by now tears had formed in her eyes, at least that's what I thought, as something wet kept dripping on my hand.

"I leave you  alone for a bit.", murmured another voice.

This one, however, I could relate to! It was Kai and from the sound of it, fled the room while I listened again to the other voice, which had a calming effect on me. I had no idea what she was saying, everything was so muffled now, but it must be nice. Silent as ever, I lay there while I thought about who she was talking about. When she couldn't think of anything else to say, she just talked about her day.

A knock sounded and shortly thereafter a doctor appeared in the doorway. At least I thought it was a doctor because he had an educated vocabulary as he explained to the woman's voice what I had.

"I'm sorry, but the patient needs rest. I'm going to ask you to leave. We will let Mr. Adams know if there is any change in his condition." 

"Could they let me know as well?" she asked gently, yet pleadingly. 

"I'm sorry, we would need Mr. Adams' permission," the doctor continued.

"Where is he...?" Man, the girl wasn't going to give up.

"I think he's with his girlfriend. Room 106." he reasoned.

"Okay... Thanks... Could I stop by here every day?" the soft voice asked.

"If Mr. Adams allows it, I'd love to."

I'm guessing she nodded, because without words she got up and walked out of the room.

Rivers P.o.V.
"Come in." My angel's brittle voice echoed through the room as she looked anxiously at the door, still snuggled against me.

"Hi," the white-haired one stepped in, looking at her with a slight smile, then looked to me.

She closed the door behind her and started talking.

"Mr. Adams... I would need your permission to visit him"

"Why so formal?"

Annoyed, I leaned deep into the pillow and soothingly stroked Ally's arm, who had started coughing again.

"Okay. I need permission, and I need you to keep me informed of his condition," she tried again.

Concerned, I stroked Ally's forehead and twisted the IV tubing. These idiots were really good for nothing.

"What happens if I say no? Are you going to threaten me again?", I asked, amused.

"I'll keep bugging you about it until you say yes," she said, looking worriedly at my girlfriend.

"And you think you can make a difference with that?"

Relieved, I noticed that the cough was getting better and she was calming down again. Slowly, I brushed a few tears from her face, which had come loose during the coughing fit, and smirked slightly as she sighed comfortingly.

"You don't know me and still want to male mit life miserable?"

Oh come on, now she's exaggerating. Annoyed, the smile fell from my face.

"Well, life isn't a wish-fulfillment concert," I hissed, causing Alison to wince and me to give the white-haired girl more than a sour look.

"Believe me, I've had to experience that more than once. And so has your friend...." she looked at Ally.

My expression darkened as I tried not to lose my control.

"I think it's time for you to go. My answer is no."

"You can't forbid me to see him! It would be like someone forbidding you to see your girlfriend!" she yelled at me.

Angrily, I got out of bed and pushed her out of the room while slamming the door behind me and then shoving her against the wall.

"I tried to hold back for Ally's sake, so I'm just warning you. I don't give a shit if there's more blood on these hands, so stop provoking me or I'm going to the doctor right now and tell him to turn off the fucking machines."

Panicked, she looked at me and tears welled up in her eyes.

"Damn it, don't touch me!" she whimpered, then continued. "How can you be so cold?!"

Tears streamed down her face.

"Your little friend made me do this.... I hope we agree..." with those words I let go of her and walked back to Alison, who was already eagerly awaiting me.

Lucy's P.o.V.
Without further ado, I left the hospital and walked into the forest, to the place where the dog had found Colin. I sat down on the spot and cried, there shouldn't even be any liquid left...

Rivers P.o.V
"I have to go out again today," I breathed softly and wrapped the petite girl in my arms.

The hospital costs were going to be even more now thanks to this asshole, which meant I had to fight even harder to have enough money ready.