🌸48

Rivers P.o.V
Startled, I looked at her while Kai stammered something to himself.
She frowned and quickly pulled her robe a little tighter and then stood in front of me.

"It's about Colin." I said calmly, gesturing for Kai to fuck off.

"What about him?"

"Are we going to your room? I think you should sit down."

She nodded and went ahead to her room, then sat down in her bed.

"The last time someone said to me to sit down for a message, it was Colin's and it was a shitty message."

Silently, I grabbed a chair and sat down across from her.

"Well, you've had practice at this then."

"River don't get me excited, what's going on?"

"He's dead..."

Her eyes got big and her face froze.

"Don't fuck with me.", she breathed in a tremulous voice.

Whimperingly she tried to hit me but I stopped her hand, she knew herself it wasn't a joke, yet she wanted to fool herself into believing he was still alive and would come back to her someday. Wrong. None of this would happen and that made me damn angry, but I was a lot better at getting over it than she was.

Lucy's P.o.V.
My heart leapt and I realized it wasn't a joke, River was dead serious, I'm going insane, no I'm not making a sound, I just looked at my hand that was hanging in the air not always caught by him and continued to apply pressure in his direction.
Slowly he got up and sat down next to me.

"Kelly called earlier.... He didn't make it through the trip, the injuries combined with the heroin killed him."

I leaned against him and then the tears came. I felt guilty for a moment, Colin should be beside me to comfort me, I shouldn't be crying on his Best Friend's shoulder. I hid my teary face against his shoulder.

River's P.o.V.
Sighing, I put an arm around her and rested my head on hers. After half an hour, she had calmed down, resigned to the fact that she would never see him again. She became calmer, relaxed in my arms and stopped crying. Soothingly, I stroked her back, not knowing what to do or say.

"River, can you stay the night? I don't want to be alone..."

"Yes... But I have to leave soon tomorrow..."

Lucy's P.o.V
"Okay... Thanks..."

It was only eight o'clock... but thanks to this news, I was dog tired and exhausted, I lay down in bed and slipped under the covers. The blanket that was usually so soft and warm seemed very scratchy and cold to me at that point. The room that usually soothed me was unnervingly quiet. My bedside lamp, which provided a soothing light on any other night, seemed glaring.
I couldn't fall asleep and tossed and turned restlessly.

Rivers P.o.V
Silently, I squatted at the window sill and looked outside.

"You're annoying.", I grumbled quietly, unable to create thanks to her.

"I'm sorry...", she beeped and got up to lie under the bed.

"If you cry now I'm gone.", I said warningly, already straightening up.

However, I pulled myself together and tried to have understanding for her.

"Do you want to distract yourself somehow?"

"Yeah...", she breathed and crawled out, still wearing the robe.

"What do you want to do?"

Slowly, I swiveled my head away from her, outside, and then back to her, looking at her.

"I don't know.... ", she mumbled, leaning against me.

"Do you want to talk, drink.... other stuff?"

"I don't know...", she curled up on my lap.

Sighing, I put my arms around her.

"I can't help you like this, though.

"Then help me....your way."

"That means alcohol or sex?"

I watched her smile in amusement. Was she forgetting about Colin right now because of me?
Slowly I lifted her up and sat in bed with her. She straightened up and sat wide-legged on my lap. Smiling, I stroked her cheek and wiped away a lonely tear, for a moment even forgetting that tomorrow was Ally's funeral.
She pressed against me a little and looked at me out of wide eyes.
Slowly I slipped my hand under her robe and pushed her panties aside. She bent over and moaned softly in my ear before giving in to me.

"How's your wound?"

"Fine.", she whispered.

She was hoping for my lips on her neck, it was clear she was thinking this, she couldn't give me the crook of her neck any more.

"I think we should stop.", I smirked and slowly pulled my hand away.

"You're really mean.... If this keeps up, I'm going to have to use that vibrator after all..."

"You have a vibrator?"

Grinning, I tried to push her off my lap. It felt wrong somehow to get more intimate with her.

"Kai and Ryan... It was my birthday present...", she smirked and sat down next to me.

"Do you really want to hook up... or am I just a rebound?", I now asked the question that had been haunting my mind all along.

"I- I don't know. I can't figure you out. I don't know how much you could hurt me..."

I nodded slightly and glanced at the clock for a moment. Two hours to go.

"We were never going to be anything anyway.", I said emotionlessly, trying to rebuild the wall.

Lucy's P.o.V.
"Ouch...", I breathed hurt.

I turned away from him to hide my feelings. I didn't want him to think that I had already taken him into my heart.

"But good to know you're too good for me..."

"I didn't say that... But we're in a purely business relationship, and you shouldn't let feelings get in the way."

"So you can't imagine anything with me...?", I sighed.

"I should go... Call me if something comes up."

"Okay. Bye.."

Rivers P.o.V
"Ciao."

Off to the fight... Hopefully I would be strong enough and not start crying in front of everyone.
A few hours later, I was squatting at a table at her work, hood pulled low over my face, playing with a pocket knife.
There were relatively few people around. I watched her every step of the way. She hadn't noticed me yet and was bringing some guys their drinks.

"Yo sweetie, join us.", one of them grinned at her.

"Sorry, I'm here to work and not to pass the time with you guys, if you want anything else, you call me.", with these words she walked away.

She seemed particularly thoughtful today.