🌸17

Rivers P.o.V
Hurt, she turned away.
Pahah. So vulnerable.

"Jealous?", I smirked, but kept my eyes on Jawbreaker, who was also 'clean' and just readjusted his knife once more.

"No... Disappointed..." she whined, turning away for a moment.

"Alright, we'll ask the fighters to take up their starting positions.", sounded from the loudspeaker.

"Look at it this way... he doesn't remember having anything to do with you... so he's perfectly within his rights if he starts something with her... But you don't have to worry about that from now on either," I smirked.

Colin's P.oV
My heart was pounding unnaturally fast as I stood in my corner and inspected Jawbreaker's movements most carefully.

"May the better man win." my opponent grinned, to which I smirked and returned it.

"Ten... nine... eight..."

All eyes were on us, the tension was clearly felt in the room, while the guy in front of me radiated complete calm, I pranced slightly. I had to be ready for anything.

Lucy's P.o.V
"Seven... six... Five."

I was getting more and more nervous.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not going to let you get away with this," with those words I sprinted onto the stage.

I stood in front of Colin and put my hand on his chest.

"Colin don't do it, please don't, he'll kill you.... I don't want to lose you for good.... You're not friends, he wanted to see you die here and now!", I say tearfully, trying to make him see reason.

"What's going on?" someone yelled from the audience and shortly after I was ripped away from him and brought back to River, leaving Colin visibly confused.

"It's all going by the book. You've got him thinking, which makes him unfocused. Thanks, kiddo. You just killed him like that," River grinned to himself.

"Three... Two... One. FIGHT!"

I looked at him, with shaky hands I pulled out my pocket knife and stabbed it into his shoulder, not deep, just hard enough to hit a nerve, the blood spurted out and I dug the knife in even deeper, knowing full well that he couldn't die from that.

Colin's P.o.V
"Fuck you, kiddo!" someone yelled aggressively from the audience.

River??

Startled, I looked to him as his scream rang out, noticing too late how a fist was heading towards me, touching my already battered ribs.

Fuuck.

A gasp escaped my lips before I toppled forward and took a knee to the face. Newly incited by the rage that such a thing so easily upset me, I fended off the next kick, jumped up and covered the next blow. But I wasn't going to win like that; I had to get out of my defensive mode and go on the offensive. I fended off one last kick before jumping forward and giving him three solid hooks and a kick. This seemed to throw him off his game, as he didn't block a single punch. Within seconds, however, he had regained his composure and gave me another punch in the ribs, which I took advantage of and kicked one of his legs away, causing him to land on the ground and me to break his face with my elbow. A groan came from him as I gave him time to get back up. I didn't want to end the fight yet, the thrill was too great.

"Well dude, giving up already? Would have expected more from the big 'Jawbreaker'."

Grinning, I continued to provoke him until he jumped on me and pulled me to the ground. I was already spitting blood when he let go of me and I was finally able to move freely again.

"Who's giving up now." he hissed, glaring at me.

Grinning, I pointed to the back of his neck, where a small trail of blood was spreading.

"I'd hurry, I wouldn't want you weakling to knock us down before I could hit you again," I grinned.

This time I was prepared as he shot forward and fought his body off, sending him crashing to the ground, and all at once a sickening crack broke through the cheering. It felt like endless minutes of silence as he lay motionless, his empty eyes staring at me. But instead of the blue eyes of the Jawbreaker, green eyes stared back at me. The green eyes of Tim. Dismayed, I stumbled back and looked at River, who was staring fixedly at me.

I... I had killed his brother...

In my mind I saw him running desperately to his brother, but in reality he stood in place and eyed me coldly.

I had killed his brother... but it was only an accident...

Slowly, my gaze drifted to the girl.... Lucy. Fuck.

I remembered everything. People were pushing me aside, rushing frantically to the body on the ground, while River pushed the girl away sourly and disappeared outside.... He, too, was having a flashback of that time. Slowly, as if I still couldn't believe what I had done, I looked to the dead man and then to the person he had looked to at the beginning of the fight. Huge blue eyes stared stunned at the lifeless body.

A child... he had a fucking child...

I had just killed her father in front of her eyes. I looked helplessly at Lucy, who disappeared outside. Gulping, I jumped over the ropes and slowly walked to the child, but she jumped up in panic and rushed outside as well, so I ran right after her.

Oh God, wait please...

Once outside, I discovered the girl running to a woman sobbing and clutching at the dress.

"Lilly. What's wrong? Why are you here? You know Daddy doesn't want us to be here. It's going to cause trouble again," she breathed.

Slowly so as not to scare her off, I walked towards the two of them.

"I... I'm so damn sorry... I didn't mean to... it was an accident."

Confused, the blue-eyed lady beamed at me as she lifted the child into her arms until she seemed to understand why the little girl was crying so bitterly.

"Is he...?" silently the tears ran down her cheek, to which I nodded dejectedly.

"He fell."

Startled, I winced as thin arms wrapped around me.

"Thank you...you saved my life."

A glow arose in her eyes before she broke away from me and stepped a little into the light of a street lamp. Her entire face shone with a variety of colors and cuts were visible on her arms.

"He wasn't always nice to us." she smiled sadly before grabbing her daughter and disappearing into the dark streets.