3🌸

Colin's P.o.V
Dressed only in boxers, I ran back to my room where she was lying when I heard screams and suspected that some guy had broken in again. But then I was relieved to see that the girl was just having a nightmare and I put my hand on her shoulder. I had read where that should have a calming effect.
Slowly, she stopped shaking, opened her eyes instead, and slid to the headboard, startled.

"W-who?!" she whimpered desperately, grabbing her head.

Well, hangover, that's who.

Slowly, I got up so as not to scare her off and went to the kitchen to get her a glass of water and an aspirin. In the meantime, she found the light switch and huddled at the headboard with the blanket pulled up to under her eyes. She looked at me in despair. Her head was probably buzzing with a thousand thoughts. A glance at the clock told me that I had to leave right away. It was only 1 a.m., but I had to earn some extra money now that the deal hadn't worked out today. The room was brightly lit as I walked closer to her and pressed the glass and tablet into her hand.

"I'm going to be gone for a few hours, don't turn anything on and get some more sleep. When I get back, I'll take you home."

She just nodded anxiously and looked at me from wide open eyes.

"Who are you...? What am I-I doing here?" she breathed tearfully.

"You've been... Uh... Yesterday, you got so drunk that I'd rather take you away before anyone did anything to you that you probably wouldn't have wanted. And it's probably better if you don't know who I am," I replied in a calm voice as I walked over to my closet and took out a pair of boxing bandages and my pocket knife.

Off to the fight, literally.

"I'm s-sorry! Please don't! Do you hear me?! Please don't hurt me!" she cried in a panic as she laid eyes on the bandages.

Confused, I looked over at her before putting everything in my backpack and tossing it towards the door.

"Why did you get so drunk today?"

I really wasn't a nosy person normally, but Beauty had somehow been acting so strangely at that moment.

"I-I..." she whimpered, continuing with the truth. "I wanted ne... Poisoning...e-just for it to stop.... I-I can't go home..." she cried.

"But you can't stay here either. If anyone sees you here.... all hell will break loose...", I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration before cursing and looking at my watch before quickly grabbing my leather jacket from the closet. "Anyway, we'll discuss it when I get back. Ciao."

"Bye..." she breathed.

Lucy's P.o.V.
After a while, I stood up bravely. I plodded through his apartment, looking around a bit. After a couple of hours, distraught by what I had found, I sat up in bed and stared at the door.

Who would look at something like that? After all, the women on the cover were naked!?

Colin's P.o.V
I felt the adrenaline rush through my body as I climbed into the ring and waited for my opponent to arrive. People cheered when they spotted me and started placing bets right away. I loved to fight and win, but since someone innocent had died at my hands once, I felt an uneasy feeling in my stomach every time I threw the first punch.

Completely sweaty and broken, but with several thousand euros in my pocket, I opened the door to my home and paused suspiciously when I realized that the last drawer of the living room closet was not completely closed.

"Did you find what you were looking for?", I grumbled half-heartedly, marching into the room with her to stow the backpack.

She winced at my harsh tone and just mumbled a soft "Sorry..."

Sighing, I lowered myself to the floor and stared at my bloody hands, the bandages unfortunately hadn't lived up to their promise today. Individual scraps of skin stood out from my knuckles, causing a slight burning sensation every time I clenched my hand into a fist.

"What were you looking for?"

My eyes met hers and I realized once again how long it had been since a woman had been here.

"Nothing... I was just... curious..."

She went into the bathroom and got a towel, wet it and sat down on the floor in front of me, a little scared. Slowly, she pulled my hand towards her and gently dabbed at it with the towel.
Gently, I clasped the girl's hand and held it away before leaning back a bit and silently eyeing her from top to bottom.

"What are we going to do, with you?", I asked more to myself than to her, as I peered cautiously at the window, afraid that my mate might show up at any moment.