🌸15

Colin's P.o.V
Shivering, I walked through the freezing rain, wondering if I should really rejoin. I had woken up a few days ago and River had made me an offer I almost couldn't refuse.... After all, we were best friends. Sighing, I kicked a can before entering my apartment and throwing a bottle at Keith. I didn't know when he'd been here or why, but I wouldn't say.... No one knew I had lost my memory and that was the way it was going to stay. Maybe he had a fight with Nadja again.

Lucy's P.o.V.
I often cried myself to sleep, but didn't admit it. I had nightmares every day, denied this, I could not know that I was screaming in my sleep. Kai was visibly exhausted with my mental instability. My school performance was still excellent but the threats from my classmates were getting worse and I was running for my life every day. Piece by piece I broke, I stopped coming to Ryan and Kai's living room as often, stayed in my own. Without realizing it, I lost 9 kilos in the last 2 weeks. I was really bad at eating according to Kai. When I got stressed, I didn't want to eat.

Colins P.o.V
"Hey buddy, where's your little girl?", Keith asked me.

My little girl? Did I have a girlfriend?

"Um...not here..."

Lucy's P.o.V
The dog from the shelter we had kept snuggled gently against me and I cried into his fur... silently. When I looked up, Kai was standing in front of me, exhausted. I wiped away my tears.

"Is everything okay with you?"

"Yeah, I am... Keith called in."

He ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

"What did he say?"

"Colin, switched gangs..."

"He's alive?"

My eyes widened and I jumped up, not caring that I was only wearing underwear. I ran to the robe closet and got dressed.

"Wait! Keith also says that he's acting weird.... He seems more distant and confused somehow."

"I want to go see him."

"But it could be that he's pushing you away...or worse."

"I need to know...where is he"

"At his home... but watch yourself... he just beat up someone earlier because he wouldn't get out of his way.... he's not the same."

"Okay.", I said quickly.

It was raining, but I didn't give a damn, I was running, getting faster and faster. So I knocked on his door and waited.

Colin's P.o.V.
Annoyed, I got up and ran to the door, it was fucking 11pm.

"What do you want?", I asked as soon as I opened the door and looked at the girl.

"Colin!" she laughed happily and hugged me tightly.

Startled, I backed away and shoved her aside.

"Who are you?"

Panicked, I fumbled for my gun and found it was still there.

"It's me... Lucy?" hurt, she looked down at the ground.

"I don't know who you are. If we ever hooked up... it was just an ONS."

Annoyed, I rolled my eyes and went to close the door again.

"We never slept together..." she breathed, putting her foot in the door.

"Then I'll probably have had a good reason," I grumbled.

"Don't you remember anything? It's Lucy... The one who hid from Keith on your shelf.... The one you were always sweet and kind to." she kept trying.

Frustrated, I stroked my face.

"I don't think I've ever been 'kind' or 'sweet' to anyone. And I'm starting to feel more and more like you're a crazy stalker," I growled condescendingly.

"You were... I can't prove it to you. But just ask Keith. You probably saved my life. Please.. Just remember!" she pleaded with tears in her eyes.

Rolling my eyes, I opened the door again a little and pushed past her.

"I don't save lives, I end them."

"You don't do anything!!! I sat with you at your bedside.... Talked to you for 3 fucking hours..." she howled like a cautionary tale.

"Those had to be the saddest and most pointless hours of your life."

Slowly, I walked toward the boxing gym where I would meet River.

"No they weren't!"

Fuck that bitch was really running after me.

"You saved me when I was too dense to think and you saved me when my dad showed his true colors again, you put a bullet in his head and pulled the shards of the vase out of me!" she tried to convince me.

"If it was really as spectacular as you're describing, I think I could still remember it."

The old door squeaked as I pushed it open and directly the typical smell of sweat and deodorant hit me.

"You wanted to protect me from the others at school...you wanted to bomb because of me...you saw the scars on my back, you commented on it and we were close..." she shouted.

She was still going after me, there was a lump in my throat I was so angry.

"Hey Colin." , I was greeted.

Grinning, I chimed in at my best friend.

"Hey River."

"Who's that?", River asked confused when he saw her.