🌸38

Rivers P.o.V
Silently, I faced Keith's brother, who gulped and took a few steps back.

"You're alive?"

Kai, meanwhile, was waiting for her in the car, thinking of the best way to keep her away from me. I watched as Lucy got into the car and the door slammed shut.

Next Day
"You're late.", I greeted her as I inconspicuously scanned the area.

And yes, I was waiting for her outside the entrance to her work.

"You're not my boss.", she grinned, walking past me.

"If I were your boss, I'd put you over my knee," I muttered softly.

"Did you say something?", she asked, walking inside.

"No no... don't get yourself killed."

She briefly checked in with her boss, who gave her the list for today. She went into the cubicle and changed into something else. When she came out of the cubicle and saw me sitting in the middle of the room, I mistook my eyes.

"Can I get you something to drink?", she asked, looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"A beer."

After a few minutes, she set it on the table for me. "Get out of my work. You are making me nervous.", she grumbled.

"Sorry, just working myself."

She scowled at me and served the other customers. My gaze was incessantly on her, driving her crazy. Lucy walked past me.

"Stop staring at me."

"Part of my job."

She frowned and went to the other guests to take their orders. After a few minutes, she came back to me, propping the tablet on her hip.

"Any other requests?"

"That you stop going to that guy back there."

"Okay..."

"And another beer..."

"Okay... ", I gestured for her to leave, not exactly the finest way, but I didn't care.

She looked at me a little angrily, but then dachshunded dutifully away when I gave her a gentle nudge in the right direction. While she was gone I got up and walked over to the guy. I saw her in the corner of my eye standing at the bar making a drink while watching me anxiously. After a brief conversation, which ended with a threat and my gun, he disappeared outside in a panic.
I glanced briefly in her direction to find her beckoning me to join her. She looked suspicious, with her eyes narrowed and her lips quivering a bit.

"Missing me already?" I asked provocatively as I moved to stand in front of her.

"Don't drive our customers away.", she grumbled at me. Rolling my eyes, I turned away.

"Fine, next time someone points a gun at you, I won't stop them."

She rolled her eyes as well and watched as more and more people trickled in. By now it was 5 o'clock. I ran towards her and put my hand on her shoulder to keep her in place, so she could not just turn and run away from me.

"I'm out of here. Don't get shot."

"You're not doing your job very conscientiously.", she shouted, turning her back on me.

I greeted Keith, who relieved me, then disappeared home.

Lucy's P.o.V.
I looked out into the crowds, went back into the dressing room to change and ran onto the stage. I had on a black dress with butterflies, it was short and fluttery. My eyes and my striking white hair, stack particularly prominent.
I tried to smile but the choice of songs was really bad today. They reminded me of Colin every second, with every breath. The piano sounded, it's melody was soft and I already saw first couples cuddling up smiling at the sound of my voice.