🌸49

Rivers P.o.V
Annoyed, I looked over at the guys and realized they were my guys....

"Fuck off." I grumbled without looking up.

"Sir, can I get you something?", Lucy talked to me, then saw it was me. "Why the hell are you so undercover, you weren't last time? "

"I'm not undercover... bring me something strong." I said coldly, noticing the scratchiness in my voice.

"Whatever you want.", with those words she walked away and came back a few minutes later with a tequila bottle, "I hope this works out."

"What time do you get off tonight?", I muttered, taking a big swig from the bottle.

"Nine o'clock at night..."

"Okay... Keith will pick you up." I put the money on the table for her and staggered out, as it was my 3rd bottle of the day.

Lucy's P.o.V.
Sighing I nodded and put the money in the register, the day was long and I was glad when I saw Keith's face.

"Heyo..."

"Hulu," I came up to him exhausted.

"Let's go real quick, please."

"Sure... Your place or mine?", he smirked at the ambiguity.

"I don't care."

I went after him and got in, exhausted. "Okay... your place or Rivi's?... please don't tell him I called him that."

"To me. River... And me... We're every x-rated girly's WhatsApp status. It's complicated."

He looked at me questioningly, so I explained my situation.

"I'd love to give him a try, but I don't think he's into girls like me. Besides, I feel pretty much like a bitch if I start something with River when Colin just died and I don't want to be a burden to River...", I sighed and looked out the car window.

"You only live once, Lu.... And did you know Ally? She was one on one like you.", smirking he shifted gears. "You're right up his prey alley.... But he'll probably be a little coy, after all, it was just her funeral today."

"I didn't know that...", I sighed. "What makes you think I'm anything like Alison?"

"Well, except for the cancer, you're.... were actually the same person."

"Stop it. I'm nothing like her.", I hissed. "River doesn't want me because we're fucking business partners. So don't get my hopes up. Besides, you're still sizing me up like I used to be.... I'm not as scared and reserved anymore. I'm certainly not hiding in a box anymore."
I looked deep into his eyes "Learn me this fighting, I want to finally be able to take care of myself.... At least at my job... I want to stand my ground and you help me."

"I'm not a fighter Luc, I just organize the fights... if you want to learn Streetfight, you'll have to go to Riv for better or worse."

"He's just laughing at me..."

"Have you ever seen him laugh at anyone? The stone never shows positive emotions.... we're here."

He muttered and got out, in front of the warehouse.

"You can ask him yourself now."

Whistling, he walked to the building. I ran after him and knocked on his door...

Rivers P.o.V
The strings of my guitar stopped abruptly when I put my hand on it.

"Yes?"

"Hi... Um... Can you teach me to fight...?" she called through the closed door.

"Come in."

Sighing, I put the guitar aside and turned to the door. She cautiously entered my room and looked me in the eye with a half-determined look Did she really know what she wanted, or was it just one of those phases? Did she really want to stand up for herself, was she really that stupid? Suspiciously, I looked at her.

"Why?"

"I want to take care of myself..."

"You have us for that."

"I want to be able to defend myself, though."

Was that determination in her eyes?

"You don't need to be able to defend yourself...you're not a fighter, kiddo."

"Teach me the basics", she shrugged.

I threw her off with a pillow, which bounced off her and fell to the ground.

"You lack reaction, stamina, strength... these are things that would take us forever.... there's no point."

"Hey!", she picked it up and tried to throw it in my face. "That was mean!"

Before it could hit me, I threw it back, bouncing it off her again. "You're not even trying."

"My stamina is really good!"

"According to Colin, after 5 minutes of sex you were already completely out of breath...that's not good fitness."

"Why would he say that?!", she hissed angrily, throwing the pillow at me.

Grinning, I caught it and set it aside.

"You don't even want to know all the things I know about you thanks to him."

"What did he tell you?", she snapped at me angrily.

Smirking, I kept silent and let my gaze slide lasciviously over her. She groaned in annoyance and rolled her eyes.

"You realize I'm going to keep bugging you about this until you come clean?"

"With the fighting, or what Colin told me?"

"With both.", she grumbled and lay down in my bed. "Wow really comfy.. I think I'll probably stay here."

I was about to retort something when my cell phone rang and I answered it.

"Yeah?" I grumbled and leaned against the wall, sighing.

"Be right there...how many this time? Get the weapons ready, I'll be at the meeting place in five minutes."

Ignoring her puzzled look, I pulled her up by the arm and hustled her out of the room before locking the door behind us and taking her to Keith.

"Keith, you're up.", I said before grabbing the key and forgetting the bulletproof vest in my stress.

Lucy's P.O.V.
I looked to him.

"He's so stubborn and he doesn't see any potential in me, so can you teach me?"

"I don't fight myself.", he replied and gestured for me to take a seat. "Ask him sometime when he's not so stressed...where did he have to go in such a hurry anyway?"

"Do you seriously think he's going to tell me anything?", I asked, amused.

"Could be.", he smirked and leaned back a bit when suddenly a knock sounded and a blonde haired woman rushed in.

"Keith Archibald Sanders, where the hell have you been!!!"

I held my stomach laughing.

"Archibald?", I asked, looking at the woman with a smile. "Are you Nadja?"

Smirking, she held out her hand to me.

"The one and only. And you are?", she asked while slapping Keith on the head.