🌸29🌶

Colin's P.o.V
I looked out to sea, the waves splashing into the sand. The sand was still warm and warmer the blanket we lay on. I was out of it for a brief moment.

"And I will go with you... I won't let myself lose you.... " she breathed, stroking my torso.

"Baby... you can't... it's too dangerous, plus you still have to finish school... find someone new.... have children with him... and be happy..."

Damn it hurt to say those words I had been thinking for almost a year now.
She let herself slide onto my lap.

"I've been a year without you, there's nothing more dangerous," she breathed into my ear. "And it will be our children..." with these words she pulled me into a demanding kiss.

She moved a little on me and I heard a pleasant minute taste as our tongues danced together.

"I have my people protecting you. There will be no 'us', Lucy."

My heart broke, but I had to make this clear. I would never put her life in danger again just because I was too selfish.

"Listen to me... I don't want that anymore. I don't want to live my life without you anymore."

"I shouldn't have come.", I stated disappointedly and let myself fall back a little.... "Actually, I wanted to make a clean break today.... But that obviously backfired..."

She snuggled against my chest.

"Colin... You can't get rid of me..."

Silently, I looked at her. I did, and if it was the last thing I did.
She kissed me softly, put her forehead against mine and smiled.

"I love you so much..."

I really wanted to say it back, but something prevented me from doing so, so I kept silent and looked up at the starry sky. Silently I put my arm around her, her skin was so soft and tender.

"How are things with Maja?"

"We're friends...", she said briefly and tethered before stroking me and batting her eyelashes. "Won't you miss that? Us? You don't have to... I'm fine in your world...Ryan thinks that way too..."

"I'm back with my ex...where I live..."

"What?", she askedand I felt her body tense and shake.

"I thought I could forget you like this."

"Why are you telling me this...? To disgust me? Good luck with that... I won't be shaken off that easily."

"Lucy... I'm really just here to say my final goodbyes.... Kelly is pregnant and I can't possibly leave her during this time."

She looked at me, tears welling up in her eyes. "You want a family with her, but not with me?"

"I can't stay here and I'm not going to risk your life anymore..."

"You... No... I... Damn what?!" she yelled at me. "You show up here, tell me you love me, and then tell me you have a family.... "

"I didn't want it to end like this.... I actually wanted to spend my last hours with you in peace..."

"You're here and it's like an addiction!", she cried in frustration, throwing her hands in the air.

"You'll find someone better.... Someone who isn't involved in as much shit as I am.... After today, things can only go uphill."

"No, damn it! I don't want this! I don't want to mourn you! I want you! I've been faithful to you. Already clear you had ended it, but you just fuck over me, have a child soon and you wanted to sleep with me today? And you know what drives me crazy? That I still love you... ", she said tearfully.

Finally she let me get a word in edgewise. "I haven't slept with anyone... she didn't get pregnant because of me..."

Her eyes got big. "I'm sorry...", she said meekly. "But -" I interrupted her, knowing full well she'd ask me to take her again, but I wouldn't be that selfish. Not with her.

"No.", Stubbornly, I looked at one of the candles, which was flickering wildly in the wind. "We should be enjoying these last few hours, not arguing..."

"I would enjoy them if you would give me a chance"

"That's not up for discussion here..."

"Colin. One chance. Please.", she sat down on my lap.

"Leave it..." I said curtly as all of a sudden my phone made a sound and I picked it up. "Here we go. -R"

"You're really stubborn..."

"Turn around." I muttered softly and put the phone back in my pocket.

A huge fireworks display appeared in the sky and lit up the whole landscape in the most colorful colors.

"Actually, now would have been the moment we kissed..."

She turned to me and kissed me deeply. Hesitantly, I replied and put my arms around her. Lucy ran her hands through my hair and tugged lightly. Moaning, I went down her back and pinched her butt lightly.
She grinned and continued to move around on my lap. She leaned forward to my ear and moaned my name softly, making me completely perplexed. Fuck, I had forgotten how addictive that sweet voice was.

"Oh fuck." Gasping, I broke away from her and held her tight. "If you keep this up, I won't be able to hold back any longer."