🌸23

Colins P.o.V
"Where are you going?" she asked as I stood up, wrapping her in the blanket.

"Got another fight, some new girl wants to challenge me."

"A new girl? A new her? You're fighting again? "

"I have to defend my title, otherwise the other gangs would tear us apart. You can only win wars by scaring the enemy, and that's just our way."

I was about to leave when I remembered that I had forgotten the gun.

"I'll come back after the fight."

I gave her another kiss, grabbed the gun, and then took off. The fight really sucked to be honest. My grandma would have had more fire in her punches. Sighing, I stopped as two musclemen got in my way.

"Get out of my way!", I hissed, whereupon one of them stepped forward and scowled at me.

"How dare you treat my sister like that!"

Annoyed, I looked at the clock, was it worth arguing now? I really wasn't in the mood anymore today.

"It was her own fault...now if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to be..."

"You didn't even give her a chance! She's the world champion in kickboxing, she would have easily finished you!"

Good, this might take a little longer after all.

"Be damned glad I was fair and didn't stab her with a knife.... Kickboxing and streetfighting are worlds apart, and apparently she's not that good after all..."

"Did you hear that, Brian? Was that a threat, did he just threaten us?"

I hated the brides already.

"Take it as you will..."

Grumbling, I pushed past the two of them.... well tried to, but unfortunately had to dodge when a fist came at me.

Half an hour later I walked into Lucy's room with a cut on my face and lay down with her. I hadn't been paying attention for a brief moment and suddenly there was this knife.

"Who's there?" she mumbled, still sleepy, and I turned up the light.

"What happened to your face...?" she asked me, startled.

"Not so bad." I pulled the hood deeper into my face. "Go to sleep."

She pulled me close to her and sat on my lap, then pulled the hood back and got up to get things from the first aid cabinet in the bathroom.

"Hold still..." she grumbled as she carefully allowed disinfectant with a cotton pad on it and I flinched away.

"Don't do that, it's just a superficial cut, been through worse." I pushed her off me and stood up. "I'll... I'll be back tomorrow..."

"What did I do to make you leave?"

"I just need a time out..."... and a lot of alcohol....

"I'm going on your timeout"

"You have class in 5 hours... I'll pick you up tomorrow and be done."

"Okay..." she said meekly and lay down.

"Good night." I turned off the lights and ran home.

Lucy's P.o.V.
The next morning I put on a pair of tight blue jeans and a long-sleeved but tight T-shirt that perfectly accentuated my curves. I had tea together with Kai and gave Silas his food and let him into the garden.

Colin's P.o.V
Grumbling, I pulled on my hood and put on sunglasses as I noticed the stares of passersby. Annoying bunch... After a few minutes, I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open up. Shortly after, Lucy opened the door.

"Morning, back from your sabbatical?" she grinned.

"Mmm... ready?"

"Sure... Why are you going to school with me, anyway?"

"I have something to discuss with John later.... And some guy from your school wants to buy something..."

She walked up beside me, sighed, and looked at me.

"You seem annoyed"

"Okay.", I said monotonously.

The click of the lighter sounded as I lit a cigarette. She took it from me and pocketed it, then moved on. Rolling my eyes, I inhaled the smoke and followed her.

"That's not my only one..."

She took the cigarette from me and kicked it out on the ground, picking it up and throwing it away.

"And that wasn't my only cigarette..."

"But the last one in my presence."

"We'll see about that."

Sighing, I looked to the ground as we passed a few people who didn't look much better than me.

"Sorry..." she said meekly.

Silently, I reached for the nearest cigarette and lit it before finally inhaling the smoke and putting the lighter away.

"What are you sorry for?", I asked as I looked at the glow stick and then took another drag.

"That I didn't give it a rest yesterday and that's why you're not in a good mood..."

A lustless laugh escaped me.

"That's not the reason, believe me..." before she could question me further, I tugged on the chick one last time and then tossed it away to go into the school building.

"Okay..."

She braved after me, crouching.
Our footsteps echoed off all the walls as I walked purposefully to the conference room.

"Bye...", Lucy breathed and looked at me.

"Ciao.", I gave her another quick kiss before entering the room and running straight to John. "We have a problem..."