Hypothetical

"Are we even allowed to be here?"

"North, I work here. Yes we're allowed to be here. Trust me."

        Unlocking the door the rest of the way, Della flicked the light switch on, casting a bright glow over concrete and wood inside the barn. Most of the stallions were lazily resting their heads on the stall gates which made her grateful. She wouldn't have to go get candy from her office to coax them to be active.

        Following her inside slowly, North looked over the barn. He couldn't belive he'd agreed to going with her. It was around 8 and it seemed like they shouldn't have been in the barn. But nevertheless, he'd agreed, trying to make her happy. Clearly, he'd succeed by the smile on her face.

"Wow, this is where you work?" he asked, looking at the high ceilings in awe.

"Correct. These are my other friends," she replied, walking to the nearest stallion and poking his nose lightly.

"These are the money-makers, hm?" he asked, letting the same stallion sniff his hand warily.

"Yep. Quite the gentlemen right now but typically they're divas. Especially Mr. Pyro right here," she laughed, crossing her arms.

"York would fit right in," he chuckled, leaning against the wall.

"Sorry, but uh, can we not talk about York right now?" she asked, sounding annoyed.

"Yeah, sorry. I should've thought about that," he said softly, mentally kicking himself for bringing York up.

        Silence fell like a blanket of snow. He watched her roll her sleeves down and cross her arms more tightly. It was spring, but that didn't mean it wasn't cold. And she wasn't very big. North bit his lip and thoughts of what to do filled his mind.

Just ask if she's cold and then if she says yes, offer to go get your sweatshirt out of the car. But what if she takes that the wrong way? Maybe she still likes York. Or Wash. Or none of us. But she could get a cold or some other sickness and that wouldn't be good because then it'd be your fault. Ask her. No, don't. Ask her. Don't. DO IT.

"Are you, uh, cold?" 

"Just a bit. But I've got stuff in my office I can get if I get too cold. Besides, I don't know how long I can stay cause these guys need their sleep as much as I do," she replied, looking over at him.

"Hypothetically, if you were cold...what would a hypothetical person need to do...hypothetically."

        She stepped closer to him and only left an inch between them. Her head tilted upward to meet his blue eyes. The light reflected off of them and she could see herself in them. He bit his lip and she smiled.

"Well, if it's only hypothetical, then I guess we should figure that out, hm?"

___________________________________________________________________________________

(Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Red VS Blue characters, they are owned by the lovely people at RoosterTeeth :))