Take Your Shot

"So let's see. The two cats are good. The one dog...eh...maybe she'll be fine? I won't jump to conclusions yet but she'll be here for a while. York-Dog—"

"His name is Manhatten."

"Okay, fine, Manhatten, here is not doing so hot."

"Lambda?"

"He has eye cancer, maybe brain cancer too. I don't know how, but he does. I can give him a few Lambda Days at my house, but other than that..."

        Wash sighed deeply and looked down at the crate where Manhatten was laying. Lambda was the name CT gave to her patients that didn't have long to live. Lambda Days were when she took the animal to her house for a few last days of happiness. Rather bittersweet, but it'd worked so far.

        He felt bad for the blind dog. Maybe if whoever had him before took care of him better, then he wouldn't have the cancer. He wouldn't have to become Iambda number whatever. Wash wouldn't have to feel like a failure.

"Yeah, go ahead. He's really sweet," Wash replied, biting his lip.

CT finished scribbling onto her paper and looked up.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"What?" he asked, caught off guard.

"Something's up with you. You've been like this since dinner," she replied, crossing her arms.

"Nothing."

"Wash."

"CT."

"David."

"Charlotte."

"Don't call me that, ever!" she snapped, throwing her pen onto the table.

"I'm sorry, okay?" he muttered, rolling his eyes.

"This is about Della and North, huh?" she accused.

"What?! I talked to the girl for like five minutes before—"

"Before York opened his mouth and stole her away from you. You actually liked her," she interjected, laughing.

"No, that's not—"

"That's exactly it. See, North and York tried to give you a chance. Then you didn't take it soon enough and so now you're moping around because you missed your shot," she corrected. "But guess what?"

"What?" he asked, just to please her.

"North was never good at basketball either, Wash."

___________________________________________________________________________________

(Disclaimer: I do not own the Red VS Blue characters, they are owned by the lovely people at RoosterTeeth :))