Beginning of the End

"I can't believe you're leaving us!"

Della laughed half-heartedly. CT wasn't quite over Della's soon departure. She'd been the one to organize a going-away party at Wyoming's house since it was the biggest. Everyone, including South and Maine, showed up and it resembled the first dinner they'd all gone to. Well, minus York's awkward flirting.

"I'll be back," Della assured, grabbing a water bottle.

"But you could leave after that! You're the only client I have who doesn't try to either make light of dire situations or is hysterical! I'm going to lose my mind!" CT cried sarcastically.

"Seriously, calm down! You're overreacting too much," South snapped, crossing her arms angrily.

Everyone somewhat made their way into Wyoming's living room. Gamma the cat was perched on an unbelievably high bookcase. Wash was trying to convince him to come down safely.

"So, for the new crowd, AKA, everyone except for Wash and Carolina, where are you going and why?" York asked, leaning on the back of the couch.

Della sighed and set her water down.

"I got a job offer in New York—"

"Hey there Delilah, what's it like in—OW! Carolina!"

"—from a farm. Stonehill's sending me there on a trial period. When I get back, they decide if they want to keep me or trade me," she explained.

Everyone fell silent.

"Why would they trade you? Aren't you one of the best geneticists in the state?" North asked.

"Stonehill is more of a racing farm. Besides, the best I've done for them is put twin foals through surgery, screwed up a solid color stud's genetic testing and caused a big issue with the death of—"

Everyone waited for her to finish but they soon realized that she wasn't going to. She wasn't over the horse's death and she clearly didn't want to say his name again. CT also turned her gaze away and North mentally kicked himself. The vet still blamed herself for the horse's death as well.

"Well on that happy note, what time is your flight?" York interrupted.

"10," Della replied, crossing her legs. "Wash is taking me to the airport."

"I'm going as well," Carolina added.

"You don't have to do that," Della protested.

"I'm going to. York will also be there," Carolina declared.

"If I have to get up that early, then I'm bringing North," York decided.

"If I have to get up with you guys, then CT is coming with me," North muttered.

"Before you say anything, no," South interrupted.

Everyone laughed and then broke into conversations about various things. Meanwhile, Wash was still trying to get Gamma off of the bookcase despite Wyoming's attempts to stop him. York and Carolina were sitting together for once by the end of the night, South wasn't scowling at anyone, CT and North had finally settled down on the couch together...

And then there was Della.

Even though she was, well, according to Wyoming, the "Main Event," she really didn't see much of a reason why she was even there. They were all functioning just fine without her conversational input. They acted as if she were already gone. She was only hoping that they were trying to detach themselves.

"Before we all head home to get some sleep, I'd like to make a toast," York announced, holding up his glass of, well...no one actually knew considering he brought it himself and Carolina had driven. "To Della's possible new career and adventures in New York, living her legacy out as a song—OW! LINA!—"

"To the beginning of the end," Wyoming finished, rolling his eyes at the now-bickering couple.

Della stared down at her water.

The beginning of the end.

Everything seemed to be falling apart.

Was it the beginning of the end of things going south?

"To the beginning of the end."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Disclaimer: I do not own the characters from Red VS Blue, they are owned by the lovely people at RoosterTeeth:))