Okay, Rest

"You okay still?"

"Mmhmm."

"Can you give me a full answer?"

"Yeah."

"Ahem."

"Yes, her royal highness Queen Carolina, I am indeed content with the way that I am."

"Thank you."

Smiling, Carolina watched as York grinned at her. She'd made him lay on the floor while she remained sitting. He complied, but only because he was too weak to argue otherwise. What he really wanted to do was sleep, but he knew she wanted to make sure he was 100% okay before letting him do anything.

"Can I ask you something?"

He opened his eyes more to look at Carolina.

"Yeah, sure," he replied, frowning slightly in concern.

"What...happened?"

He paused, trying to decipher her context.

"Like, why that happened?" he asked.

"Yeah. If it's okay, I mean I don't want you to start panicking again. You know what, forget I said anything," she said quickly.

He laughed lightly.

"Lina, breathe," he chuckled. "I'm fine. If you want to know, I can tell you."

She bit her lip.

"If you start to panic at all—"

"I'll stop talking and try to start breathing again, promise," he assured.

"Okay," she agreed.

He sighed and rubbed a hand over his face. Where to begin? There was so much to tell her about...about Tex. Should he even mention that it was Tex? That could cause an all-out war between Carolina and her. Or did she deserve to know?

"Okay," he started. "Here I go..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"York?! York?! C'mon, I need you to wake up!"

York blinked his eyes open. Carolina was hovering over him. He felt more tired than before but he didn't really know why.

"Lina? What did I exactly do?" he asked, giving her a confused look.

"You finished the story and then you stopped replying. I think you passed out," she replied, frowning.

"Oh. Yeah, that happens," he mumbled, clenching and unclenching his hand to try and get rid of the tingling feeling.

Carolina took a deep breath, trying to relax herself.

"I think we need to get you in bed like North suggested," she decided. "Are you up for it?"

"Can I just sit up first?" he asked.

"Of course," she assured, moving to help him.

Within seconds, York was leaning against the wall with Carolina in front of him.

"Good?" she asked.

"Little dizzy," he admitted. "But other than that, I'm fine."

"Okay. Let me go get your bed ready and then I'll help you get there," she said, getting up slowly.

"Lina, don't leave me," he blurted out, jerking forward slightly.

Immediately, she was cupping his face and trying to calm him back down.

"I'm not going home," she soothed. "I'll just be in the other room for a few minutes, okay? I won't go home until you're okay."

He nodded and she left. He kept forcing air in and out of his lungs despite how much it felt like he couldn't. Eventually, she came back and it was a giant blur for him as she helped him to his bedroom (he did remember that he almost fell and took her with him).

"Alright. Need anything to drink?" she asked, crawling in next to him.

"Sleep," he mumbled, pulling the blanket over his shoulder better.

"I'll be here."

He let his eyes close and his body relax. He felt Carolina's hand slip into his.

"And York? You're okay. Just rest."

So he did.

__________________________________________________________________

(Disclaimer: I do not own the characters from Red VS Blue, they are owned by the lovely people at RoosterTeeth:))