Surprise, Surprise and I'll Make Her Cry

"So why did you make me take an illegal turn right there? Cause, you know, I ALMOST TOOK OUT THREE CARS AND A DOG?!"

"Just go to the address I put in the GPS!"

"WHEN DID YOU DO THAT?!"

"When you were screaming like a girl."

"I was not--"

"'OH NO HERE WE GO THIS IS WHERE WE DIE', sound familiar?"

"IS THIS A CRIME SET UP THAT I'M DRIVING YOU TO?!"

"NO, JUST DRIVE THERE AND I'LL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING!"

York gripped the wheel and eyed the GPS, going as it said to. Carolina, in the passenger seat, leaned back in her seat, rubbing her forehead and closing her eyes briefly. Her phone glowed with a text message on her lap.

"How did you get your phone?" he asked.

"When you were getting me this sweatshirt, I grabbed it. That's why we're going where we're going," she replied, tapping her fingers anxiously on the door.

"This is taking us to a park across town," he stated, confused.

"Yeah, I know. We have to meet someone there," she said under her breath.

"Who?"

.....

"Carolina, who are we going to meet?"

.....

"It's Tex, isn't it?"

"Of course it's Tex, why else would I have not replied. Now hurry so I can get this over with."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Around 15 minutes later, they were walking briskly through the park that Carolina said to go to. It was rather quiet. Well, quiet except for the fountain. And by that fountain sat a woman with tattoos, blonde hair and pretty much all black workout clothes. Carolina crossed her arms and stood in front of the woman.

"Tex," the red-head growled.

The woman on the bench turned her head to Carolina and York got sight of her face. Almost immediately, the side of his face where it was scarred and had lack of vision burned with pain. He stepped off to the side, rubbing his face to try and soothe the pain. Carolina hardly noticed.

"Well good morning to you too," the blonde laughed, standing up.

The two were the same height. Gray eyes narrowed at green ones.

"Alright, what exactly do you want, Tex?" Carolina hissed.

"What do I want?" Tex laughed. "Caroline, I want you to stop messing up your father's life, okay? Leave us alone and you go do whatever you want. Like, I don't know, go marry tall, blind and annoying over there."

"He isn't fully blind!" Carolina protested.

Tex smirked and Carolina's cheeks burned red. She defended York for once.

"Oh so you two are something, huh?" the blonde teased.

"Stop talking about us," Carolina snapped. "I'm not messing up my father's life, Tex. You are."

"You keep dragging the whole 'Allison' situation--"

"Never say my mother's name."

"Fine. Your mother is in the past, Caroline. You need to get over her. She's dead. Gone. Six feet under. Not here. But I am. And your father and I would both appreciate if you'd be a little more supportive."

Carolina swallowed down tears quickly. She was not going to cry in front of Tex.

"I hate you," the red head growled. "You should've never came into our life."

"Our?" Tex laughed. "I'm not touching your pathetic living-in-the-past life. I'm saving Church from that same fate."

"Don't--"

"Yeah, I call your dad Church and I call you Caroline. Does that bother you? Oh, I'm so very sorry. Why don't you go cry to your mother about it? Oh wait....you can't exactly do that, can you?"

Without another word, Tex walked off. Carolina bit her lip and dug her nails into her palms. York came back over and noticed that Carolina didn't exactly look too....happy.

"Sorry, some weird stuff was happening to my face," he explained, shaking his head. "I guess it didn't go well?"

Carolina shook her head and latched herself onto York.

"I'm done trying with them, York. I give up," she cried.

"Shh," he said softly, running his fingers through her free hair. "It's okay. I'm not a fan of her either."

"But you've never met her."

"She's hurt the both of us, Carolina."

__________________________________________________________________

(Disclaimer: I do not own the characters from Red VS Blue, they are owned by the lovely people at RoosterTeeth :))