Exploration of Places

"Color?"

"Uh...gray?"

"Wrong answer."

"It's an opinionated question, how is that wrong?!"

Wash laughed as Della groaned and rested her forehead on his shoulder. They were at the nearest pet store looking for things for the new kitten. Della was not amused at Wash's attempts to include her.

"Blue's a little better of a color," he decided, grabbing the collar with the bell. "And plus, you'll be able to hear him."

"So it's a him?" she asked, picking up a cat bed.

"Correct. He doesn't have a name," he replied, pushing the cart toward the cat food.

"I think I should probably keep with the Greek theme," she decided, crossing her arms.

"Kappa and?"

"Tau or Chi."

"Tau sounds better to me."

"Tau it is then. Are we almost done?"

"Patience, child."

"I'm as old as you are."

"I'm older by two months."

"Fine. Where are we heading after this?"

"To the shelter to get Tau."

"Great."

"Someone sounds excited."

...

"That was sarcasm, Wash."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mew

Della watched the new arrival to her apartment with a critical gaze.

Mew

"I hope you don't do that all the time," she said, crossing her arms.

The kitten stared up at her with wide eyes and swished its tiny tail over the floor.

"Don't give me that look."

Sighing, Della looked at the clock. The numbers blinked 11:30AM. Wash would be back in 30 minutes with the replacement collar. In the meantime, she'd been told to "bond" and "make friends" with Tau. All that had happened was a stare down between the geneticist and the kitten.

Mew

"Well, I need to work so it looks like you're going to learn what the office is," she declared, scooping up the kitten gently.

Once in her office, she gently shut the door before letting Tau loose. Then she began to type up the breeding report that the farm needed. Absorbed in her work, the 30 minutes passed way too quickly and before she knew it, Wash was opening the door to her office.

"I'm back and oh," he said, trailing off.

"What? Sorry, I know I look like crap, I just need to finish this and I'll be done," she replied, eyes not moving from the screen.

"No, Della, it's not that."

"What?!"

Mew

She remembered that she was supposed to be watching her kitten. Well great. She'd failed step one as a pet owner. Where had that stupid kitten gone?

"Where did he—"

Mew

Her head registered the tiny weight on top of it. Oh. Of course.

"I have a cat on my head, don't I?" she asked, trying to stay calm.

"Yep."

"Does this happen often?"

"Eh, you get used to it."

__________________________________________________________________

(Disclaimer: I do not own the characters from Red VS Blue, they are owned by the lovely people at RoosterTeeth:))