Glowing Crimson

If there was one thing York knew about Caroline Church, it was that she never was in the mood for his teasing. In his eyes, he only wanted her to like him, so he kept up with the cheesy jokes and dumb pick-up lines (No, she did not have Life Alert and she didn't paticulary care if he'd fallen for her and couldn't get up) despite her protests. Sure, some days she might accept it a little better than others (He saw that smile, Carolina) but typically it was a shut-up-and-keep-going kind of thing. 

But York was persistant.

        He got to work almost every morning before she did just so he could see her walking in, windswept hair and all. She'd look up, annoyed with a hint of blush on her cheeks, and then brush past him, muttering about how he needed to get a life. York would open up and the clients would come in. Lunch was the only time he would catch her before they closed up. 

        She never ate too much, most likely because she was always working. York might catch a seat in front of her, but all he'd get were two minutes of silent scrolling and typing before she'd eye him, get up and go do something else. A frustrated sigh would escape York's lips and then he'd get back to work too.

        Slowly, he'd been breaking down her frigid exterior. After all, she'd even ridden with him to dinner that one night. Sure, he screwed up with that Della chick, but it was only to see if he could get Carolina jealous. And he did. A little too much.

        Now, she was ice cold and had isolated herself almost completely from him. He caught her in the mornings and evenings, still playing his usual game that he did, but lunch was filled with strict gazes and clearly aimed shoulder bumps.

"Lina, I'm sorry, I don't know what else you want me to do!" he whined, throwing his arms down like a three-year-old child.

"You've done enough, York," she snapped, slamming her locker.

"Lina, seriously, I know I screwed up. Can I take you out for coffee? Or...oh! You need new running shoes! Let's go shoe shopping for new ones, I'll pay! And drive. Or you can drive! I don't care I just want to fix things," he pleaded, walking closer to her.

"I don't need your pity, York. Just leave me alone," she said quietly, grabbing her bag off of the floor.

York grabbed the strap.

"No, please, Carolina. Really, I'll do whatever you want me to," he pleaded.

She hesitated, eyes shifting to the floor.

"York, really, I just want to go home right now. Talk to me tomorrow or even text me tonight. But right now, I'm tired and I want to go home," she said, jerking her bag from him.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm. Fine. Just leave me alone."

"Lina--"

"Lina nothing. Night, York."

        Sighing, York watched her leave through the glass doors, red hair blowing in the wind. Sunlight caused it to glow orange, yellow, gold and crimson. That was one of his favorite parts of Caroline Church. Her hair in the sunlight and the way it glowed.

"Night Carolina."

___________________________________________________________________________________

(Disclaimer: I do not own the characters from Red VS Blue, they are owned by the lovely people at RoosterTeeth :))