Only A Formality

"Ms. Ware, you have a client coming in five minutes."

"Wait, what? That's not on the schedule."

        Frowning, Della looked down at her neat desk. A daily schedule sat off to the side. Bright colors highlighted what was the most important of the day. A client coming was not there.

"Suprise visit. Trust me, I know you do not want to deal with him, but the director wants him to discuss things with you so throw on your pretty smile and pretend like you like the guy," her intern, Lylla, replied, half-rolling her eyes.

"What farm?"

"Firestorm"

"I do not get paid enough for this!"

"You make a heck of a lot more than I do. Just tell him what he wants to hear and alter it later. He's here now so just roll with it."

        Her snappy assistant left, leaving a businessman to walk in and sit in a chair across from her. He smiled while Della returned the guesture even though it was fake. Both knew there was business to be done and mere formalities were only an uneeded obstacle.

"Miss Delilah Ware, I am Christopher O'Malley," he introduced, offering a hand.

"Lovely to meet you, Mr. O'Malley," she greeted, returning the guesture.

"Please, Miss Ware, you can call me Christopher," he assured, pulling out a few papers.

"Terribly sorry, Mr. O'Malley, but I prefer technicalities and such."

"All of the reasons why I am here. You do genetics right down to the book and even in some ways that should be included in a book."

"Why thank you."

"Not to mention, the pairings you did for our farm during your final semester in college have turned out impeccably. One of the yearlings looks like he will be a promising Derby runner."

"Your mares are always a pleasure to match up."

"Let me get to the point, Miss Ware. I'm here to offer you a job at Firestorm in one of are breeding farms."

"Mr. O'Malley, with all due respect, I just joined Stonehill and I'm not sure I'd like to leave it."

"That is why we have been working with the director. All we ask is that you go on a trip to our New York branch in a month or two and just see what you think. Paid for by Firestorm, of course."

"I will have to get back to you on that, Mr. O'Malley. But for now, I have to close up for another appointment, as it is nearing noon."

"But your assistant told me that you were free from other clients for the day."

"My intern was correct. I do not have any other clients. I simply have another appointment. Good day, Mr. O'Malley."

"Thank you for your time and consideration, Miss Ware."

        As Christopher O'Malley left, Della sat back in her chair. A job in New York? Double A Farms were good, but she didn't know if they were good enough to sway her choice. Shaking her head and sighing, she got up and grabbed her things in preparation to leave.

"Lyla, I'll be back at one. If O'Malley returns, make it clear that I do not take kindly to pushy people."

"Of course Miss Ware."

"Thank you. See you at one."

___________________________________________________________________________________

(Disclaimer: I do not own the Red VS Blue characters, they are owned by the lovely people at RoosterTeeth :))