So Don't Leave

"So, do we like the movie so far or no?"

"Well considering three characters are dead and I've already almost cried twice..."

"That's kind of cute."

"North! The kid dies. Like, almost instantly! No, I don't like the movie."

"But Della, it's cute when you get all scared and emotional."

"No! Please? Can you just change it to something else?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know, maybe something that doesn't kill off all the characters right away?!"

        As North picked up the remote to change the movie, Della avoided looking at the screen by resting her forehead on his shoulder. He laughed softly and she lightly hit him with her hand. No, it was not funny that she was scared.

"Oh wow. She hit me. I'm hurt. Better go get South again," he said sarcastically, grabbing her wrist to prevent her from doing it again.

"Serves you right," she mumbled.

        He turned the tv to some documentary about rhinos. Confused, Della turned her head toward the tv and then to North. Why? Why a documentary on rhinos?

"Uh...it was the next channel over," he said awkwardly, shrugging.

"As long as nothing dies, then I really don't care," she laughed softly.

North's hand covered her eyes suddenly as he scrambled for the remote.

"North?!" she asked, breath caught in her throat.

"Sorry! Just..uh...documentary on...poachers...sorry...fixing it," he replied, fingers loosening up.

"How about we turn it off and do something else?" she asked, not moving.

"Good idea. Apparently everyone's set on killing things," he agreed, turning the tv off and removing his hand from her face.

"So, what should we do?" she asked, poking his arm lightly. "I mean, I can't stay too late because--"

"You have work tomorrow. Yeah, I know," he interrupted. "But so do I."

She bit her tongue and shifted her eyes elseware.

"Della, I didn't mean it as a bad thing," he assured softly, trying to coax her gaze back upward.

"No, you did or else you wouldn't have said anything about it," she said sharply, edging away from him.

"Maybe you're just taking things a little too seriously. Lighten up a bit. You're going to get stressed really quickly if you don't," he suggested defensively.

"I don't get stressed," she said firmly.

"That's what someone would say if they were stressed but didn't want to admit it," he accused.

"I don't get stressed!" she repeated, raising her voice slightly. 

        Silence fell through the room. Gazes fell on mundane objects while trying to look interested. 

"It's late. I should get going," she said softly, looking at her phone.

"I don't want you to drive home," he replied, hand barely slipping into hers to prevent her from getting up.

"Why?"

"You passed out earlier. I don't want you doing that behind the wheel."

"How am I going to get home then?" 

"Don't? I don't know, I just don't want you getting hurt."

Her decision was clear in her head, it was just a matter of voicing it.

"I think I'll..."

___________________________________________________________________________________

(Disclaimer: I do not own the characters from Red VS Blue, they are owned by the lovely people over at RoosterTeeth :))