Hypocrite

Carolina was tired of pretending she was okay. Now that York had basically shattered what was left of that, the mental breakdown was like the welcoming embrace of a bed after a long day. She wasn't really having a complete mental breakdown, but it was close. 

Bzz. Bzz.

"That's my phone," she hiccuped, lifting her head from York's chest.

"No, don't go get it," he said softly, coaxing her head back down. "It's probably her and you don't want to go do that."

"But what if it's my dad or someone else?" she asked.

"Let them wait, Lina. You're still crying and I'm going to hold you until you're done," he soothed, eyeing the glowing phone.

        Around an hour later, Carolina's hiccupy sobs had turned to silent tears that dropped every few minutes. York looked at the clock. Around 10. He needed to get her to eat something or at the very least, drink something.

"You want something to eat?" he asked, detaching himself from her to go to his kitchen.

"I don't care, I'm not really hungry."

He sighed deeply, pulling out supplies to make pancakes.

"Don't make me attempt to make pancakes, Lina," he called.

"Do you have doughnuts?" she replied, sitting up with her knees drawn into her chest.

"No, but we could go get some," he suggested, putting back the supplies.

"I look like death," she groaned, having caught sight of herself in a mirror.

"No, but it's close," he teased.

"Gee thanks," she muttered, crossing her arms.

"I'm kidding, Lina. Here, I'll go get one of my sweatshirts and you can throw on your shoes and we'll go," he said, walking toward his bedroom.

A few minutes later, he emerged with a blue sweatshirt that read "Yukon" on the back.

"So now I'm really yours?" she mumbled, pulling it over her head.

"Yes," he decided, watching her put on her shoes and grab a hair tie. "Wait. Can you leave your hair down? Just for this morning?"

She paused, eyeing the tie.

"I mean...I guess I can leave it down," she agreed, putting the hair tie off to the side.

"You look just fine," he assured, grabbing his keys. "Now, what kind of doughnuts do you like?"

"Chocolate."

"Of course. How could I forget?"

"Sarcasm will get you nowhere, York."

"Hypocrite."

___________________________________________________________________________________

(Disclaimer: I do not own the characters from Red VS Blue, they are owned by the lovely people at RoosterTeeth :))